DS3 question:Option 1 vs Option 2 in F10

wdn

Limp Gawd
I just went back to F10 BIOS because I bought the Buffalo Firestix PC8000 memory with the Micron D9's

I am a little unclear about what using Option 1 vs Option 2 does in the F10 BIOS. Has anyone tried this and can tell me the difference between the two settings? I am trying to get the most out of this memory which is guaranteed to run at 500 MHz and that is before you overclock it. Thanks.

Right now I am using the default, Option 1, because I don't really know what option 2 does or if I need it. The help says something vague about try this if you need to go above 500 MHz

Dunno, but the new bios was crap for me, my overclock ran very poorly. Running the f7 bios now without issues.

Same option showed up in my DQ6 with the same "no informtion" information. I have yet to find exactly what this does other than the obvious "futzing" with memory clocks.

all you can do is benchmark with each setting and see what happens.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I am using Option 1 for now. For now I cannot get this board to POST above 500 MHz using either option 1 or 2. I have to play around with it some more.

This is not a crippling factor since I have an E6400 -- I may not be able to get to 4000 MHz oh well. But, I can't get past 500 even by dropping my CPU multiplier from 8 to 7. More research and experimentation is needed. I have the DS3 Rev 2.0 motherboard. I am going to re-read the anandtech article and see what they did to get there.

heh what timing, got (more) bored this morning and dropped my mulit to 6 and fsb to 490 495 500 505 510 changing between option 1 and 2 and no dice would not post reliabily regardless of Vcore or other memroy timings. Dont know if it was my board or memory that just cant qute make 500 but the options did squat for me. :(

well I only had one choice, since only Option 1 would boot.

Option 2 wouldn't work at all. So I assume Option 2 is a faster mode of some sort.

500FSB is a tall order for any motherboard. Unless you were running an SLI board with memory async mode.

But I would rather have a nice 965 board than a 680 or 650.

Back