DS: is it a keeper?

JAnike70

Limp Gawd
I bought a DS at release and it was sweet with the new touch style and dual screen with super mario 64 was the best game....after i beat it i went out to buy another game...i looked and bought madden and asphaut urban gt and these games are good but i want better games..the next good game for the DS is coming out in like april or something.....I wanted to know first off if i should keep it or sell it and get a PSP and if anyone knows of other good games that are going to be coming out for the DS?

Well I'd say something, but I'll admit, I'm a fan boy.

*looks down shamefully at sig*

You can get the PSP, but the cheapest you will be able to get it is 250 (Sony is only selling bundles now). Also, the first run of presale is sold out, so you will have to wait for the second wave to come out (who knows how long that will take). I have a feeling that the PSP will be nice, when you can get it. The only thing that nintendo really has going for it is the backwards compatability (especially since nintendo released the "classics" last year). I think that the DS is good to stay with for the time being. I would get the PSP later, when the price drop a little bit, or when more games come out for it. Both are great handhelds, just for different reasons (research what each do to really make a good decision).

I am looking to pick one up in a few months, not for dual screens or touching, simply for more well refined 2D gaming (advanced wars anyone?).

I would give it another few months until Nintendo can get the 2nd run of games to come out.

I live in the UK so the only exposure i have had to either is at an imports store in London. Both the PSP and DS are cool. But thats about the limit of it at the moment. There are screw all games out and to be honest I question the value of a portable these days. I have a GBA and I just about never play it! As stated I would wait till there is another run of games. IMO the current lineup of both is pretty weak. I would give a couple of months then see what takes your fancy. There isnt much you're missing at the moment.

Wait and see. I'm already sold on the DS because of FF3, but it's looking like the PSP has the brighter future. It's really too early to judge either portable.

CreamySoupUSA said:
Well I'd say something, but I'll admit, I'm a fan boy.

*looks down shamefully at sig*

Same here
but on the other end of the spectrum. :p

Yes, it is.

Yoshi's Touch 'N' Go kills every PSP game (and DS, too) that I've played thus far--and I've played most of both.

Maybe i'm smokin crack but i see the psp as the next game gear. Sure it is better gfx wise, but its battery life SUX. It is sad when my centrino laptop with a 2ghz cpu and a 15" screen gets better battery life than a portable gaming system.

CyberCRAP said:
Maybe i'm smokin crack but i see the psp as the next game gear. Sure it is better gfx wise, but its battery life SUX. It is sad when my centrino laptop with a 2ghz cpu and a 15" screen gets better battery life than a portable gaming system.

Your laptop gets more than 6 hours of battery life? Wow.

there are rumors flying about a 007 game in the works to come out soon.

rayman ds looks pretty awesome too... alot of games come out next month

i dont know if im gonna keep mine tho. its boring after a while

Castlevania DS

Jam with the band. Import friendly and I spend hours in the pro-composer mode making stuff.

I think i will wait for the 2nd generation psp to come out. Knowing sony having their problems with first gens. If you have a ds then keep it, if not than grab a psp. They both have their own positives and negatives :)

i guess i will keep it but i just super smash to come out for it...that would be so sweet.....anyone know if it is coming out?

Well DS does have a crappy line-up of games so far. I personally have one and have uber Metroid Hunter Demo skills cause I can't find any good games to buy but Metoid Hunter will definetly be one of them its kickass.

rcf1987 said:
Well DS does have a crappy line-up of games so far. I personally have one and have uber Metroid Hunter Demo skills cause I can't find any good games to buy but Metoid Hunter will definetly be one of them its kickass.

Ditto. Although I bought Minish Cap just because I'm a Zelda nut.

Just buy a couple of GBA games while you wait for some of the better DS games to come out. Tons of great GBA games out there.

I've had both. I sold the DS already; the games are pretty pathetic at this point. Every PSP game that I've played has turned out to be good/great. I have five:

-Ridge Racers (excellent graphics and gameplay)
-Lumines (excellent gameplay and music)
-Minna No Golf (great for pick up and play moments; game progression takes way too long though)
-Dynasty Warriors (fun hack and slash; tons of people onscreen)
-Metal Gear Acid (card game mechanics are more compelling than expected; very good graphics and well composed soundtrack)

I would sell your DS before the value of it falls any further.

Back