DrugDiscovery@home now has GPU work units

Can integrated GPUs (Intel) fold? Is it worthwile? Possible to run a CPU intensive and a GPU intensive folding project simultaneously?

I used to fold for a few weeks with my home PC and a few work PCs, but after I changed jobs I had to quit. I'm planning on restarting as soon as we get actual PCs at my new work.

Is AVX same as AVX256 (i have a i7-2600S driving my two GTX) ? As per ARK it has AVX ...

Well the "old" chips are AVX 256 whereas the newest Intel i9 now support some AVX512 instructions. I think we'll start to see places specify that the newest and greatest cpu isn't required.

I think its time to say by-by to CentOS 7

20:09:31 (11583): wrapper (7.5.26014): starting
20:09:31 (11583): wrapper: running gmx (mdrun -nt 1 -deffnm md)
gmx: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by gmx)
gmx: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by gmx)

The same issue I had with some versions of a different project ... and not yet found a way to install it

Can integrated GPUs (Intel) fold? Is it worthwile? Possible to run a CPU intensive and a GPU intensive folding project simultaneously?

I used to fold for a few weeks with my home PC and a few work PCs, but after I changed jobs I had to quit. I'm planning on restarting as soon as we get actual PCs at my new work.
michalrz, I don't think Folding@home supports Intel graphics, but there are a few BOINC projects that do.

Albert@home
Einstein@home
SETI
SETI BETA
Collatz
Gerasim (if they have work)
XANSONS (if they have work)

Agree; to my understanding there is no sufficient OpenCL implementation and also the computing performance of the iGPU is not sufficient for F@H; not sure if they have some "hidden" Core; but I think I never seen anything. Only AMD and nV. On Win and Linux

I send Krzysztof a PM as I can't post in their forum without Credits. But not sure if he can help me with my Gromacs/CentOS/GLIBCXX_3.4.20

too mad, ... I mean: too bad

back to GPUgrid with some Collatz to get rid of some risks ...

Looks like the GPU work units need Compute capability 2.3 with CUDA 8.0 or later.

woohoo..another project achievement...passed 1 million during my move and sling shot passed 2 million. LOL

ATTENTION (in case its known, sorry. I kind of didn't)

Seems the drugdiscovery site got hacked and redirected

if you Google "boinc drug discovery" it gives a warning

and on reddit
Suggest to not even login anymore (have no VM right now to test access)

Update: tried in private browsing but looked ok'ish

Back