Dropbox and Google Teaming Up

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Dropbox is going to partner up with Google to provide an integrated solution to the G Suite. This will be a welcome solution for Dropbox users since about half of them use Gmail or other G Suite applications. I know this is something I'll definitely use and I'm looking forward to it. Nice job D&G.

He said that the two companies are in the process of working out the details of how the integration is going to work, but he expects the integration to be completed by the end of the year. When it’s done users should be able store, open and start G Suite documents in Dropbox.

I am very much surprised as I would just expect the people to be using google drive instead of drop box at that point. Or at the very least for Google to not want to partner with them due to having their other platform like that.

This doesn't make much sense because of Google Drive but hell why not because I mean Apple uses Google Drive now and they have their own also. Google is just squirming its way into anything it can. *cough* monopoly *cough*

Maybe this is just a precursor to them dropping Google Drive? Would not be the first time Google has shuttered a service.

Maybe this is just a precursor to them dropping Google Drive? Would not be the first time Google has shuttered a service.
More likely they will combine the two services make them the same actual thing and let people continue to believe they are different when really they are the same program just with a different skin.

Back