Drone Doing Flips Balancing A Cup Of Soda

So what makes this a BFD?

Bob Hoover was doing that for years in an Aero Commander.

Shucks, he would POUR a glass of iced tea while doing a slow roll.

Just as long as the 'flip', roll, or loop is at 1G or more it's simple physics.

Love how the video keeps switching between perspectives so you never get a continuous look at the flip from either view. Really great editing. Aside from that, cool. I wonder how much effort they put into making sure the flip would satisfy the necessary acceleration to do this.

Love how the video keeps switching between perspectives so you never get a continuous look at the flip from either view. Really great editing. Aside from that, cool. I wonder how much effort they put into making sure the flip would satisfy the necessary acceleration to do this.

The second time shows the whole thing from the camera on the drone.

I may be mistaken, but I was thinking it was computer controlled.

1/100 the cost and now damn near anyone can do it, welcome to the 21st century Bob.

Now do his with a large marble on the top...I wanna see some real balancing!

Who loves orange soda?
Penny Arcade - Presents - Far Cry Instincts Page 1
Penny Arcade - Presents - Far Cry Instincts Page 2
Penny Arcade - Presents - Far Cry Instincts Page 5
Some people like orange soda A LOT. And bad things happen if you take their orange soda.

How did the orange soda stay in the cup when the drone did a roll? I'm no physics master, I figured maybe if the cup of orange soda and the drone were tied to the end of a string and spun around, so that the centrifugal force of the spinning motion kept the soda pressed against the bottom of the cup, then sure it won't leak out. But they put the cup of orange soda on a drone, and the drone did a simple roll. How did the soda not spill out? Or for that matter, how did the cup not just fall off the drone? That shit was affixed on there somehow with some kind of adhesive.

Back