DroidX Gingerbread Leak!

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
anyone try it out yet? I haven't jumped on it yet as I have taken a liking to liberty 1.5; however, apparently there's a bit of performance increase by going to gingerbread over 2.2. Looks like it's not rooted yet... but that's just a matter of time :D

lodingi

2[H]4U
Good day for DX owners. I'm hearing the Moto Blur widgets are removable in this leak. That would be sweet.

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
i actually just loaded on my droidx so far from what i can tell it's pretty good... quadrant scores went up. I'm still messing around with it. I want a liberty gingerbread rom now

KevinO

[H]ard|Gawd
Installed it today and was running Liberty. I am loving GB right now, but don't know how long till I go back to Liberty. Especially with 2.0 coming out soon.

Tark

Limp Gawd
I am going to wait till there is a working root for it, but by then it will probably be available OTA.

Tark

munkle

[H]F Junkie
It's slow compared to liberty or rubix until stuff gets loaded the first time. What I don't get is how liberty sets stuff up because I always stuff from liberty left over when I do other rom updates like the boot logo or wallpapers. The liberty wallpapers are still there after I did the update to gingerbread even a factory reset.

And blockbuster is going bankrupt why is that lame app still on the stock rom.

It looks nice though.

munkle

[H]F Junkie
Ok so how does this work. I just sbf'ed to install the rooted version, so now its stock I root, install bootstrap, reboot wipe data, install newest rom. Upon reboot I am greeted by a liberty wallpaper. WTF! How does this crap survive a sbf?

MJGunn

Weaksauce
Watched the video on Droid -Life, if the Atrix had shipped with blur looking and running like this I might not have returned it.

munkle

[H]F Junkie
Watched the video on Droid -Life, if the Atrix had shipped with blur looking and running like this I might not have returned it.

Well maybe almost a year after its release they would fix it like the droidx. The stock rom when it came out wasnt too great either.

MJGunn

Weaksauce
Well I could have lived with blur, launcher pro took care of it mostly. The screen was terrible though, and for having almost a 2k mah battery, the battery life was way too short.

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
ugh... trying to sbf back to stock.. anyone else having problems with RSD Lite?

i keep getting the 0x7100 error

KevinO

[H]ard|Gawd
What version of Windows? I heard RSD Lite 4.9 does not work with Windows 7 well and you have to use 4.8. I am using 4.8 on my Windows 7 x64 box and it worked fine. Of course I did right click and run as administrator also.

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
i used RSD 4.7-4.9 it just wouldn't work on windows 7 64 bit

got it to work.. i just used it on a diff computer running vista 64

side note:

anyone sign the petition to unlock the bootloader?

Last edited:

munkle

[H]F Junkie
i used RSD 4.7-4.9 it just wouldn't work on windows 7 64 bit

got it to work.. i just used it on a diff computer running vista 64

side note:

anyone sign the petition to unlock the bootloader?

I couldn't get it to work on win 7 64bit at all, installed it on my laptop which is win 7 32bit worked first try.

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
my droidx on gingerbread with a low volt 1.35GHz oc got higher score on quadrant

Score: 2162

such a high score compared to when it was stock out of the box