Droid X owners...who likes the UI?

Bloodgod42

Gawd
First Question: Who's a fan of the DroidX UI?

I love the SenseUI on my Incredible, but I am looking at exchanging it for an X when they are in stock on friday. My only concern is the UI seems ugly and clink...not very refined. Yes i know you can resize widgets (that is a feature that HTC should integrate into SenseUI) butis there anything else that blows it away from SenseUI?

Second Question:

Is there a way to get SenseUI onto the X?

Thanks!

The UI on the Droid X is the stock Android UI. I also have the Incredible and my room mate has the Droid X. I like his larger screen and hardware buttons, but I like SenseUI too much to trade in.

To answer your other question, there are no roms with Sense cooked in for non HTC devices.

there is tons of widgets and roms to make the X better than the sense ui....

i love my x :p

mydroid.jpg

I dont know about "Stock Android", but my X has the MotoBlur UI, which is basically built in and the only way around it is to root and install a different ROM. That being said, there are ROMs out there that do incorporate some Sense UI type styles...but not the full-on Sense UI since the X is locked down from Motorola and has not as of yet been fully cracked.

Personally, I moved from an Verizon VX6900 (Verizon branded HTC Touch) to the Droid X...the Touch had Sense and I liked it...but the X and its UI is just as workable IMO. Once rooted there is just way too many customizations that you can make to the X to make it any way you want it...

Which launcher are you using with this and is there a specific theme?

Tark

Yes thank you. I can see some of the apps used in the tools folder you have open. I do like what you have set up. I have been toying around with trying LauncherPro or ADW.Launcher on my DroidX. I downloaded the FolderOrganizer earlier and have been playing with it. I may go ahead and get the paid version of that for the extra features. I already use the SwitchPro widgets and may look at the WidgetLocker. And If I spring for LauncherPro I may go ahead and get Beautiful Widgets and Better Cut.

Tark

Yes thank you. I can see some of the apps used in the tools folder you have open. I do like what you have set up. I have been toying around with trying LauncherPro or ADW.Launcher on my DroidX. I downloaded the FolderOrganizer earlier and have been playing with it. I may go ahead and get the paid version of that for the extra features. I already use the SwitchPro widgets and may look at the WidgetLocker. And If I spring for LauncherPro I may go ahead and get Beautiful Widgets and Better Cut.

Tark

i love widget locker cause right now i have it so i can get right to the camera or right to my TXT messages without having to go into the phone

basically right now my list of visible apps is

Tajm - Clock
BattStatt - battery indicator
Pure Calendar - duh
Pure Messages - thats the list of txt, email and facebook stuff
Folder organizer - folders
Better cut - only use it to be able to change icons
Launcher pro - launcher
Switch pro - toggles
in the picture its Pure Music but ive since changed it to Cube

Im not actually using beautiful widgets anymore but i paid for it so ill keep it installed lol

Thanks for the info. What Icon Pack gave you the text based buttons. Or was it something different?

Tark

He seems to have removed his download link on the 10th. The original author of them made a post and he sells the icons on his site. This was over on droidforums. The post after the author posted was one more from someone wanting to know where the download link was. I searched and found a few other text based icon files to play around with though. I may post a SS tomorrow,

Tark

DxScr1.png

DxScr2.png

Using a mix of two different text icons. One is called Mirror White and the other is called Simple.

Tark

Back