Droid Pro speculation

Choder

[H]ard|Gawd
As seen here, the Droid Pro looks to be closely related to the Droid and Droid2.

I'm hoping for a scaled up Droid2 type frame in black. It stands to reason that this might be the case, given the sequential model numbers given for the Droid2 (A955), Droid2 World Edition (A956) and Droid Pro (A957). A 4 inch screen sounds perfect (any bump in resolution would be welcome). If this is going to be a world phone I wonder if that means it might be more targeted at business users. And if that is the case, maybe there will not only be a keyboard, but a damn good one.

One can hope, right?

It looks like Motorola is going for the BIG phones. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if it was a 5.0 in competitive to the Dell Streak, except it wont suck.

Yeah, I was about certain I was going to trade my original Droid in for a Droid 2, but after reading the dismal reviews on the D2 and hearing about the Pro coming in November, I think I'll hold off until then. My rooted Droid OC'd to 1.1 GHz is still plenty fast and smooth to me. Most people say they couldn't tell any difference between their OC'd Droid and the D2 even with the extra RAM (which was the only reason I really wanted the D2).

Also, I know it's very unlikely, but I really hope the Pro doesn't have a locked bootloader. It seems like the Droid is the last decent phone to have this for installation of custom ROMs and such. I'm still amazed at the dev community of the Droid and look forward to consistantly getting updates every week or 2 adding new features and functionality to my now "obsolete" phone. If I could somehow just solder an extra 256 MBs of RAM to it and maybe some more internal storage for apps, then it would still be the best phone on the market, IMO.

Yeah, I was about certain I was going to trade my original Droid in for a Droid 2, but after reading the dismal reviews on the D2 and hearing about the Pro coming in November, I think I'll hold off until then. My rooted Droid OC'd to 1.1 GHz is still plenty fast and smooth to me. Most people say they couldn't tell any difference between their OC'd Droid and the D2 even with the extra RAM (which was the only reason I really wanted the D2).

Also, I know it's very unlikely, but I really hope the Pro doesn't have a locked bootloader. It seems like the Droid is the last decent phone to have this for installation of custom ROMs and such. I'm still amazed at the dev community of the Droid and look forward to consistantly getting updates every week or 2 adding new features and functionality to my now "obsolete" phone. If I could somehow just solder an extra 256 MBs of RAM to it and maybe some more internal storage for apps, then it would still be the best phone on the market, IMO.

can you share your success story on how you did it? and you on 2.2? all the guides i've seen are poorly writen.

can you share your success story on how you did it? and you on 2.2? all the guides i've seen are poorly writen.

I rooted mine back when 2.0.1 was the newest version and the procedure was really different (a bit more complex than it is now, I had to use the developers SDK and push files to the phone that way). But I just rooted a couple friends Droids for them last month by following this guide here. It's pretty simple now.

Pretty much you just make sure your phone has all the drivers installed on your PC, use RSD Lite to flash the custom recovery/bootloader so you can then install an update.zip package (with the new recovery software) that roots your phone. Then you're on your way to running all the custom ROMs and kernels for OC'ing and better battery life :).

Back