Drivers For Vista RC2

KillerButler

Limp Gawd
Was wondering if anyone has any troubles with Vista RC2 and there current hardware? Anyone having troubles finding RC2 compatible drivers? I have had nothing but bad luck on this issue. Namely my ATI X800GTO card. I loaded the RC1 drivers and it went KA-Poot. SO far everything else I own works except the ATI card.

Anyone have any good links to helps us less fortunate out? I have scoured the web for something to explain this, but have had to luck.

I can't get my nvidia vista drivers to install either on my TI4200.

I had to install them twice, the first time it was a total mess. I couldnt even open CCC and then i did a reinstall and now everything seems to be working so far!

When I loaded the Vista drivers from ATI, It completely borked my system. It looked as though my video card over heated. I got some wierd cosmic screen and couldn't do anything. If there are any suggestions out there, Please Post your links and resolutions.

I would not use RC1 drivers on RC2.....there has been substantial changes.....the driver model is different, I don't know about ATI but the RC1 Nvidia drivers will anally rape an RC2 install or not even install at all if you are lucky.....

Remember, this is still a BETA operating system, drivers are coming.....

TheRapture said:
I would not use RC1 drivers on RC2.....there has been substantial changes.....the driver model is different, I don't know about ATI but the RC1 Nvidia drivers will anally rape an RC2 install or not even install at all if you are lucky.....

Remember, this is still a BETA operating system, drivers are coming.....

No way dude, there are literally no RC2 drivers out, how could you say not to use RC1 Drivers, currently anyone running Vista RC2 is using RC1 drivers, and pretty much everyone I have spoken to hasnt had really any problems with them

They work fine from what I hear, Im running them as well :)

if you do come along a problem with ur drivers just reinstall them, should clear up your problems pretty easily. ( O btw, for all of you running ATI cards, for the vista drivers do not install CCC, just causes problems, has always done that, and always will. I have found not installing CCC, and just installing the display driver clears up a lot of issues. come on CCC is worthless anyway)

KillerButler said:
When I loaded the Vista drivers from ATI...I got some wierd cosmic screen

Like this? Me too.
This was installing Vista ATI drivers on x86 RC1, then the UAC did this when it was shading the screen.

ThaDrewster said:
No way dude, there are literally no RC2 drivers out, how could you say not to use RC1 Drivers, currently anyone running Vista RC2 is using RC1 drivers, and pretty much everyone I have spoken to hasnt had really any problems with them

As I said....NVIDIA does not have RC2 drivers out.....I also said I did not know about ATI. And not "everybody" is running RC1 drivers on RC2, MS has built in NV drivers that are newer than anything you can download from NV at the moment.

TheRapture said:
As I said....NVIDIA does not have RC2 drivers out.....I also said I did not know about ATI. And not "everybody" is running RC1 drivers on RC2, MS has built in NV drivers that are newer than anything you can download from NV at the moment.

Yeah it's new but my company of heros won't play... bummer.

Have DX10, will travel but can't play.

Vista x64 build 5744 installed on a 3.73GHZ with 2GB and an nVidia 6800.
Running the 96.33 RC1 64bit driver from nVidia and it works fine.

I'm running RC1 drivers on RC2 with Nvidia. Fear, Empire at War, and Oblivion run fine. Its battlefield that bugs me...all the plants look like its out of paper mario :(

Riddlinkidstoner said:
I'm running RC1 drivers on RC2 with Nvidia. Fear, Empire at War, and Oblivion run fine. Its battlefield that bugs me...all the plants look like its out of paper mario :(

does AA work right now? or it still broke?

has anyone gotten a USB wireless network adapter to work in vista? If so what brand and model please? thanks

Back