Drivers Blinded by “Too-Bright” LED Headlights on New Cars, Warns RAC

Our NCT (National Car Test) thats either conducted every 2 years or every year (for cars older than 10 years) checks for this
If you;ve fit Xenons and don't have auto leveling or headlamp washers (which every factory fitted car with Xenons has here) they will fail you straight away

Problem is it's very easy to remove any aftermarket bulbs, get the car inspected, and after passing reinstall them again.

Problem is it's very easy to remove any aftermarket bulbs, get the car inspected, and after passing reinstall them again.

Same thing we did, when I lived in Japan. Swap everything back to stock before inspection. Although, in Germany. If it wasn't stock, it was all documented in a logbook. If you got pulled over, they'd check your logbook to make sure everything is legit or they'd ticket you or tow your car.

Same thing we did, when I lived in Japan. Swap everything back to stock before inspection. Although, in Germany. If it wasn't stock, it was all documented in a logbook. If you got pulled over, they'd check your logbook to make sure everything is legit or they'd ticket you or tow your car.
Reminds me of how people use to cheat to pass their emission tests here. People would use ethanol, methanol, or isopropyl alcohol to cheat the system, even though you do risk damage to any rubber seals.

I drive a lot at night in rural areas and regularly have problems with the stock headlights on newer cars. I should point out that I do drive a moderately lifted pickup and still have problems with it. They are simply too bright once they are out of alignment, which is all to common on bumpy highways. The new escalade's headlights are particularly poorly designed in that regard. It's unusual if someone flashes their highbeams at me because I only run the stock halogens and that's usually with a ton of weight in the back.

It seems that people wanted better lights in their cars so they don't have to drive slower at night. But lets be reasonable, these new designs aren't going to prevent anyone from blasting a deer at 75mph when it runs out from the bushes. It's just marketing wankery at this point.

Back