Drivers. Any reason to update from 81.98?

johnnq

[H]ard|Gawd
i've heard of the "bad menus." but are there any performance enhancements or improvements? everything is stable, so i'm a little reluctant to update to new drivers.

anybody using 3rd party drivers with successful results?

i've heard of the "bad menus." but are there any performance enhancements or improvements? everything is stable, so i'm a little reluctant to update to new drivers.

If you have a high end card, you'll see better performance with the newer drivers. And you could see increased stablity especially with Vista and SLI. (but if you've got an evga 7800gt, it doesn't matter - "performance enhancement" will consist of getting a new card.)

Wow, those are about two years old. You should DEFINITELY update to at least the latest production drivers.

You'd probably see better performance in some games, slightly better image quality, and better video quality if you were to upgrade to a newer driver.

all drivers in the 90.x series have the new menus, but can be turned back to the original view, only the drivers over 100.x (IE my 15x.x drivers for my 8800) are exclusively idiot mode menus

id advise you to just download the newest GF 6/7 series drivers from nvidia.com

installed 94.24...i hope everything still works!

how do i change the menus back? they're just soo...cumbersome.

Back