Drivers 11.11 will be posted next week

Hopefully the wsgf fix for eyefinity works pretty well. I'll start messing with getting eyefinity sorted out when CF works. No point in CF w/ 6950's on a single monitor - it's already at a solid 60fps. Enjoying the hell out of Skyrim as is on one monitor :D Amazing game!

Edit: Hayden, the resident genius over at WSGF has an eyefinity fix that works great! I bumped MSAA off and fired it up at 5760x1080 on one card and it's running great. Sitting at ~45fps or so. Once we get working CF it should be absolutely perfect!

Fix here:
http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/en

Last edited:
There is a .dll to get xfire working, PrincessFrosty posted it on the gaming section of the forums.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4157665&postcount=17

Nice! That works great! I'm getting over 120fps in the dungeon I'm in now. I loaded a save during a dragon fight in a snowstorm and am at ~60fps but the loading is excellent.

Game officially fixed.

Edit: Books are not readable with Hayden's fix yet. I'm sure he'll sort that out. For now it's freaking awesome to be playing in eyefinity again!

I hope this helps with the stutter with BF3 on my single 6870 but I doubt it.

what settings are you running in game? which driver rev?

I had a lot of stuttering when i was running my CF 5770s @ ultra/high on the beta - probably because 1GB of video ram was not enough. the stuttering dissapeared when i got my 2gb 6970 though

what settings are you running in game? which driver rev?

I had a lot of stuttering when i was running my CF 5770s @ ultra/high on the beta - probably because 1GB of video ram was not enough. the stuttering dissapeared when i got my 2gb 6970 though

Yeah, a lot of think its a memory leak. I doubt a driver update help since there has been no client patch release yet. BF2 had a memory leak too.

Hope these fix the random flickering and green flashes in BF3 with crossfire.

While I was trying(at 5fps) BF3 on my laptop with a 9500M GS, I did notice the green flashes before I quit. It definitely is an issue with the game.

11.11 is up right now
I haven't installed Skyrim yet, hopefully I can tonight...

Anyone test these drivers with Skyrim? I'm not sure what changed, as the link to the release notes is down at the moment. My current issue -- with or without forcing crossfire via the dll -- is that my GPU usage fluctuates, causing my FPS to do the same. Stuttering abounds completely at random.

Anyone test these drivers with Skyrim? I'm not sure what changed, as the link to the release notes is down at the moment.

I just tried it for about 10 minutes. No problems for me. I didn't play long enough to see if I still get the random stutter jump though. That has been my only issue anyways performance on my single 6970(modded) has been great. Many people in guru3d forum stating no performance increase and OLDER caps profile for crossfire. Twitter has stated skyrim performance update "soon"

Link to guru3d 11.11 for the lazy. (Mod remove if we're not allowed to link)
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=2813#download

Pretty sure everyone is getting this on occasion. It seems to be very seldom, but I have read about green flashes on the NV board as well.

i can confirm it happens on my nvidia setup aswell. real annoying :mad:

Anyone try these out with a long BF3 session?

Nothing is really broke for me right now so I don't know about upgrading. I do get the green flashes every now and then but it's NBD.

Work like a charm. They installed with no hiccups for me, unlike the last release where I had to manually install each component separately.

I played for an hour or so, no green flashes and only 1 or 2 flickers the whole time. Good improvement.

These seems to boost bf3 performance slightly for me with 6970 CF. Still get the green flicker though.
Sometimes I see it a couple times within a few minutes and then i won't see for a whole 4 hour bf3 binge.
Probably a game side issue.

I thought I noticed a performance boost on my end too with 6850CF, but I didn't do any scientific testing, just noticed FRAPS being higher than what I was used to.

Anyone know if these are doing anything to help the eyefinity crashing situation?

it's ridiculous that "AAA" titles like MW2, black ops, bf3 and mw3 all come out with practically zero support for eyefinity. I mean Source is virtually an ancient engine like that in the COD's and it supports eyefinity without a hiccup.

Back