“Driverless” Van in Virginia Was Actually Driven by Man Dressed like Car Seat

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
A self-driving car was reportedly being tested on public roads in Arlington, Virginia, but in reality, it was just some guy driving around in a car seat costume: the discovery was made by News4 reporter Adam Tuss, who approached the vehicle but saw a man’s hands and legs below the wheel. “Brother, who are you? What are you doing? I'm with the news, dude," Tuss said.

From the road, the unmarked gray van eerily looks like it's moving without a driver. The entire front seat looks empty. But when Tuss looked inside, he saw a man wearing a beige and black costume that covered his entire torso. His arms poked out of the bottom of the costume to steer. His face was completely covered, like that of a sports mascot who can see out, but no one can see in. "I looked out and I said, 'Oh my God, there's a guy in a seat costume," Tuss said. "How's that possible? Your brain can't get around it for a second."

Haha, made me think of this:

preview.mp4.jpg

I saw a car a few weeks ago that looked like a dog was driving it. I was at a red light - turns out it was a small lady and her dog happened to get in her lap at the light.

This seems like someone watched Street Outlaws and copied their idea. FNA did a segment where they bought a hearse and then made seat costumes so it looked like no one was in the car driving.

What a piss poor job. LL Cool J showed you how to "urban camouflage" in the movie "Toys".

0135a4c9f1c4b2f89d146929dd6bc147.jpg

They really need to review "How not to be Seen"

I guess the results of the study will be to recommend that all self driving cars use a 5% tint all around and nobody would bat an eye.

Back