Driverless Car Tested On UK Streets For The First Time

HardOCP News

[H] News
For the first time ever in the UK, a driverless car is being tested on....OMG WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING? Not only is that car ugly, it's slow as molasses too. There's a winning combo. ;)

With the steering wheel turning on its own and radar and camera technology guiding it, a driverless car took to Britain's streets for the first time on Tuesday, as part of trials aimed at getting autonomous vehicles onto the roads by 2020. The electric-powered pod - like a small two-seater car - navigated its way around a pedestrianized area in the southern English town of Milton Keynes at 5 miles (8km) per hour, turning corners and stopping as pedestrians crossed its path.

Not interested. However, maybe when I'm 70+ and driving is more of a problem I might change my mind.

I'd rather have something that could do long range hands free driving.
Get on the freeway/highway, press the drive button and take a nap. Would be nice for business trips and vacations assuming the seats are comfortable enough.

Well technically it's not even on a street, it's in a pedestrian only area. This is like testing the next airbus underwater. Pointless publicity stunt.

Probably a Renault Twizy.

renault-twizy-M09eph1-charging-003.jpg.ximg.l_full_m.smart.jpg

Well if its driving round a UK city then 5mph is about as fast as anything goes. Certainly is in my City. They keep threatening to reduce the speed limit across the city to 20mph. We always say "if only we could do 20mph across the City!"

Back