Driver Auto-Updates? (for everything)

Dario D.

Gawd
Does anyone know of any good, free programs out there that let you get driver auto-updates for EVERYTHING? (something kind of like Driver Magician, except free. There are a ton of various people's computers I'd like to put something like this on, including mine)

Vista, and maybe XP too, will check for hardware driver updates too; I got a few that way.

But, I'm sure you're looking for something more aggressive.

XP doesn't, there is no option to accept "extras" at the settings page like Vista so you have to do it manually at the Win update webpage. Vista if you choose to accept the extras they will download the WHQL versions only which might not be the best you can get. One example is the AC97 driver on my 4 year old laptop, the WHQL version vista update gives me (dated march 07) will crackle under high load. The latest reltech driver (2007/10/8 R1.79) doesn't but you have to go to their site to get it since it's not signed therefore not released through Vista update.

Ah, thanks. UpdateStar is nice, but it only seems to recognize about 5% of my programs, and doesn't know about any updates for the others. :( I guess that's why it's still in beta.

Back