Dreams came true. Curved 21:9 3440 x 1440

I don't see the curved monitors being a couple dollars more then the non curved. $500 more is more realistic sadly. I think people are going to be discouraged when they see the real pricing. Hopefully I'm wrong but I dont think I will be.

Edit: I made a typo when I posted this. It should say 'couple hundred dollars more'. My bad for not proofing reading my post better.

Last edited:
Is this an IPS or a TN or a VA screen? I like how it has amazing calibration controls and reduced input lag, but I also want high contrast ratio.

I don't see the curved monitors being a couple dollars more then the non curved. $500 more is more realistic sadly. I think people are going to be discouraged when they see the real pricing. Hopefully I'm wrong but I dont think I will be.

Seems that previous article I found might be correct (but just missed a zero)..

이달 19일부터 전국 주요 베스트샵에서 판매하며 가격은 145만원

(Translated: Best shops for sale in all major two months from 19 days and the price is 1.45 million won)

https://www.bodnara.co.kr/bbs/article.html?num=111334

Not much more than the 34UM95 in Korea. Guess we'll find out next month ;)

From reading the specs chart. It says that a separate bracket is required for attaching to another mount. It also doesn't seem to be one that can pivot only tilt and does not seem to be height adjustable. From what I'm reading sounds like you need an accessory to mount to a vesa (unknown if it comes with the monitor). If it doesn't come with that accessory included this might cost a lot more to just be able to hook up to a ergotron. I think it also loses the calibration so until release have to see how the colors look compared to the 34um94

So we are looking at around 200 or 250 dollar difference in MSRP. so probably will release at 1200 dollars ballpark.

Wow, that was quick. There's exactly one 34UC97 now available at Amazon (US, ships from Korea), for $2000..

http://www.amazon.com/New-LG-34UC97-3440x1440-WQHD/dp/B00MWJ54AI/

So yeah, considering this price includes international shipping, early-early adopter fee, and probably double mark-up (full retail from LG Bestshop to reseller), I can definitely see $1199 being the MSRP in the US next month.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would so love to get 3 of these to replace my current setup which is PLLLP (Dell 2007fp, u3011, u3011, u3011, 2007fp - way too much heat generation).

Don't know how much I would use all 3 monitors on 1 computer (though I would set it up this way as well) - I run my current setup with computer 1 to left 2007fp and left u3011, computer 2 to middle/center u3011, and computer 3 to right u3011 and 2007fp. I use Multiplicity Pro to use 1 keyboard/mouse to control between the 3 computers.

I sure hope they come soon - the heat from my current setup is getting old.

Last edited:
At least the first part of September should be interested from a tech standpoint - new monitor releases and info and new iphones...

There goes my savings!

Just as the LG 34UM94 was the business version of the 34UM95, there will also be a curved 34UC87 version of the 34UC97 in black with with a tilt/height-adjustable stand (and what appears to be a standard VESA mount)..

A9LCNZB.jpg
pJOV2Mf.jpg
qJ6ArYt.jpg

More photos at VR-Zone (LINK) and PC.Watch (LINK). (Credit to snowComet @LTT)

Glad I haven't pulled the trigger yet on any of the Ultrawides. The genre looks to be about to take off.

I currently have three 27" 1080p monitors and want to "upgrade" to one 34" 21:9 1440p screen. Is there really a big difference between a curved and non-curved 34" monitor for gamer?

I currently have three 27" 1080p monitors and want to "upgrade" to one 34" 21:9 1440p screen. Is there really a big difference between a curved and non-curved 34" monitor for gamer?
With IPS the curve will help with the perception of the IPS glow when your eyes wander to the edges of the screen by bringing them closer to the center of your vision. I don't think there is really any other advantage :confused:. I haven't seen any based on the televisions I've seen.

Any updates on availability and pricing?

Nothing in the US that I've seen yet.

Just saw one listed on eBay UK for £940 shipping from Korea. States: "Newly Released Item Sale! Dispatch on September 24th!" ..so, at that price, they must be available direct to Korean distributors and retailers now (rather than exclusive to LG Bestshop).

Back