DreamPC2006 !!!! (Dial-up users beware: 1600x1200 pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY! After waiting roughly 5 years, I have finally built the successor to DreamPC2001 ...simply called... DreamPC2006! ...okay, I know, very un-original.

Don't even ask how much this all cost because I feel guilty even thinking about it!

Here are the specs, and I will post the pics below:
(there are still a few mods and changes I have planned, but the parts are in the mail)

Case: Lian Li PC-767
Intake Case Fan: Scythe S-Flex SFF21F
Exhaust Case Fan: Scythe S-Flex SFF21F
Exhaust Case Fan Sound Dampener: Vantec VDK-PSU
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 ASL with Custom wire harness & 80mm NMB-MAT FBA08A12M (aka Panaflo) fan
PSU Sound Dampener: Vantec VDK-120
PSU AC Cable: Monster Cable PowerLine 200 MP PL200-8
Power Strip/Surge Supressor/Line Conditioner: Monster Cable Computer PowerCenter PC 1000 w/Clean Power Stage 2 MP PC 1000
Motherboard: Intel D975XBX (rev 302) damn you rev 304..sooo hard to find!
CPU: Intel Pentium D 950 (B1 stepping) damn you C1 stepping too!
CPU Heatsink: Scythe Ninja SCNJ-1000
CPU Thermal Grease: Arctic Silver Ceramique
CPU Fan: Scythe S-Flex SFF21E
RAM: 2GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 (5-5-5-12-T1 @ 1.9V)
Video Card: BFG GeForce 7900 GTX OC
Video Card Heatsink/Fan: Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5 Rev 3
GPU Thermal Grease: Arctic Silver Ceramique
Monitor: Samsung 244T
Monitor AC Cable: Monster Cable PowerLine 200 MP PL200-8
Monitor Video Cable: Monster Cable M500DVI-2M
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro (SB0550)
Speakers: Klipsch Pro Media Ultra 5.1
Rear Speaker Stands: Klipsch SAT 2
Sound Card Cables: Belkin PureAV AV20601-06
Speaker Cables: Monster Cable XPHP-30/30
Speaker Cables: Monster Cable XPHP-15/15
Speaker Cables: Monster Cable XPHP-10/10
Sub AC Cable: Monster Cable PowerLine 200 MP PL200-8
Hard Disk Drive: Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD (SATA)
Optical Drive: Plextor DVD + - R/RW PX-755SA (SATA)
Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse Blue (USB)
Mouse: Razer Copperhead Laser mouse, blue (USB)
Mouse Pad: Func Industries Archetype MBA
Cable Modem: Linksys BEFCMU10 v 4.0
Wireless A+G Broadband Router: Linksys WRT55AG v 2.0
Network Cables: Belkin CAT6
ISP: Comcast 8Mbps Down, 768Kbps Up
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 Full Retail Version (Legal!)
Desk: Ikea Jerker
Desk Cable Management: Ikea Signum
Misc.: Various tweaks, mods, black cable sleeving, heatshrink, molex connectors, high-back black leather chair & clear plastic chair mat....more tweaks/mods in the planning stages.

EDIT: Sorry if you all hate Monster Cable, but I have been a fan since my old Home Theater days and I stand by the brand even though they are over priced.

05182006_007.jpg

05182006_008.jpg

05292006_014.jpg

05292006_017.jpg

05292006_018.jpg

05292006_019.jpg

05292006_020.jpg

05292006_022.jpg

05292006_023.jpg

05292006_026.jpg

- as guy above me said.. no SLI/CF ≠ dream PC.. it's kinda rul3 ya kn0w
- its enough to post thumbnails... not everyone here with super duper 56 inch widdy...

1. This was supposed to be a Core Duo 2 (Conroe) ready system, but I am pretty sure my motherboard revision would require an uber mod which I am not about to do. Basically this system would have killed AMD if I could have popped in a Conroe when it comes out. I will just have to buy a P965 board ;)

2. The PC P&C PSU cables are too short for this massive Lian Li case. The tech I talked to would not lengthen the cables for me saying it would be too much work and I would never need longer cables...even for a server case....uh....yeah right! Oh well, guess I could get out the Dremel, but I just hate the thought of defiling this beautiful LiLi!

Nice clean desk setup! :) but maybe move the power strip to the floor? anyways.. SLI would bring this pc closer to "dream pc" cat imo.. pretty darn nice tho.. :D if you srunk the images to like 1024x or 800x (maint 4:3) it would clear them up a LOT.. they're pretty blurry at full size.

Volucris said:
The sound card is a waste.
Why did you buy this stuff?
1. The Elite Pro has the highest quality DACs.
2. 128 voices in games
3. Latest EAX
4. I will use this machine to watch 1080P BluRay content with the latest version of Dolby/DTS
5. Music including DVD Audio (I am a musician too, so I love audio!)

basically this is not a waste to me and I am sure you can tell that I purchased cabling/components to compliment the card.

Volucris said:
The sound card is a waste.
Why did you buy this stuff?

No it's not. A soundcard improves your FPS in games.

Why buy it? WELL,

That's a sweet ass PC!

Very clean workspace!

Next time, shrink your photos to 800 width and that fuzziness won't be as obvious, and every one can see the photos without sidescrolling. (Not that I had to sidescroll.)

He just needs to work on his photo skills, some of the pictures are clear, maybe he has shaky hands :p Go get a cheap tripod? haha

1. Yes my photo skills/camera suck...hence my warning in the OP.

2. Forgot to add that the X-fi has the 64MB of memory which hopefully will be supported in games some day....at least I haven't purchased a physics card yet LOL (thought about it)

3. I moved the Power strip onto the floor, but now the cabling doesn't look as clean under the desk...bah!

4. I will try to work on the cable management in the case some more. I just ordered a PSU muffler for the back of the case and some new CDROM bay covers (without the noisy holes), so this should require me to start digging around inside the case again.

5. Also, I decided to put the case on the floor too. I bought a small shelf without mounting brackets and just put the shelf on the carpet and then the PC on top of the shelf. Kind of hard to explain, but I didn’t want the machine sitting directly on the carpet. It is a lot quieter already. My old machine sounded like a blow dryer sitting six inches from your ear!!! =)~

It's a Good setup, I personally would've went with AMD but thats just my taste. Other than that its a Nice rig you got yourself... :cool:

please to god tell me that case comes in an ATX format.

or heaven help me i will make it one ><

Very nice machine. I dont know why all these people are shitting on your parade, you got what you wanted and youre happy with it, people have different dreams...

congrats
cool.gif

Well, probably my fault for calling the thread DreamPC...blah blah

I never claimed this was the best PC in the world, but it is to me! =)

Basically I am / was 110% confident with each and every part I purchased....meaning I knew what I wanted and I knew it was good...at least in my opinion.

Yes, I can still get another video card for SLI, pop in a Conroe CPU, Water cool, etc. etc., but right now I am totally happy with it and it purs like a kitten! ;)

Could you at least remove some of the pics that are really out of focus. Everything seems fine except the monster cables stuff is kinda a rip and a half, those cables alone probably cost more then my motherboard and processor.

1) If you dislike using the flash (which is a good thing), get a tripod. Use autofocus also.
2) 1600x1200 for pics should be illegal. It isn't hard to size down your pics. 800x600 or 1024x768 tops.

To all the haters: This is HIS dream machine. Not yours. His may be the Pentium 950, with a single video card. What everyone wants is different. He could buy a cyrix with a 3dfx voodoo, and it would still be his dream machine, if that's what he wants.

Either way, I sure as hell would love that pc. So sexy. Stop shitting on his parade.

Monster cables for the monster n00b!

And wtf... you don't go SLI so you go single 7900GTX? Was the 1900XTX on back order at the time or what!

Your comp BLOOOOOWS

BurntToast said:

And wtf... you don't go SLI so you go single 7900GTX? Was the 1900XTX on back order at the time or what!

Your comp BLOOOOOWS

LMAO!

Monter Cable + 7900GTX = n00b with a compuT0r that bloooows????

What was I thinking!?!?!?!

Angry Bear said:
Monster cables are quality. Dont give him shit cause you wouldnt buy them.

I wouldn't buy them because they're ridiculously overpriced, not because they aren't quality. Same with Bose audio equipment.

Trust me, I didn't pay full price. I know for a fact that cost is 45% below retail on Monster Cable. With a little research, one can find Monster Cable online WAY below retail. I got most all my stuff about 30 to 35% below retail mark-up.

Just try Google/Froogle/Ebay/Etc.

mike_j_johnson said:
Trust me, I didn't pay full price. I know for a fact that cost is 45% below retail on Monster Cable. With a little research, one can find Monster Cable online WAY below retail. I got most all my stuff about 30 to 35% below retail mark-up.

Just try Google/Froogle/Ebay/Etc.

Well I certainly hope so.

For some erason I was under the impression that all 975X mobos had DDR2-800as their standard. Then I noticed the D975XBX didn't minutes after I bought it. The Corsair site doesn't list the TWIN2X2048-6400 as compatible with the D975XBX, however, it lists the TWIN2X2048-6400PRO as compatible and I see now it is with your machine. I was wondering exactly what you have to do, what BIOS you have to have that work. I've never dealt with non-standard RAM before.

wow... you so could have spent your money better.

A monster cable power lead for your pc... whats the point in that?

This is definately a dream pc for most if not all of the people out there. I like your setup. Congrats!

nice case for the money i have one as well. i actually got one of these after selling off my v1100b because it was too tight a fit for my wc set up

my dream pc wouldn't be much compared to some of you peeps dream pc.

oh and nice pc bro.

BurntToast said:

Your comp BLOOOOOWS

Will you stop the flaming? If you have nothing to say that contributes to the thread, don't post. It's his computer, he's happy with his setup so why bash him? Grow up.

Anyways, nice system man. A couple of zip ties will help with your cabling. It will look much cleaner and more organized. Pretty sick case, I like the clean outside look. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back