Dreamcast games on Steam

I wonder if they are able to also re-release Seaman and put it on pc.. I'd buy it whenever it does.

If they do a port of Shenmue, I'd actually want to try that, partly for historic reasons.

system requirements seem high for such old titles.

Shenmue would be cool, but I want Skies of Arcadia and maybe Grandia II since the morons that ported it tied it to an old version of Quick Time so even if you get it to run none of the cut-scenes work!

Shenmue would be cool, but I want Skies of Arcadia and maybe Grandia II since the morons that ported it tied it to an old version of Quick Time so even if you get it to run none of the cut-scenes work!

Grandia II would be great! I loved that game, and the soundtrack!

Grandia II would be great! I loved that game, and the soundtrack!

Yeah. My Dreamcast is kinda dead so I can't even play my DC version. I have the PC version, but yeah that isn't going to work. Kinda wish I had a PS2 so I could justify picking up that version.

Shenmue.
I never really played the 2nd and would like to.

Mee toooo! Pissed me off that the DC died before the 2nd was released for it (at least in the US). And even more so that the 3rd prolly won't ever be made now too. I never had an Xbox too, so I couldn't get it for that.

I only got addicted to a few games on DC: Phantasy Star Online, 4x4 Evolution (cross platform racing FTW!), Daytona USA and Shenmue. I would prolly still play PSO on 360 if it didn't have an added subscription. I played the DC version until they took the servers down :(. It's not even that great of a game, but it was the best in its genre on a console and I was only like 14 at the time and had nothing to compare it too so it was perfect for me :D. I'd bet it hasn't aged well at all now though :(. I doubt they would re-release that now anyways. But I've really been craving a 4x4 Evo type game for a long time now. That was off-road racing done right, IMO.

Yeah. My Dreamcast is kinda dead so I can't even play my DC version. I have the PC version, but yeah that isn't going to work. Kinda wish I had a PS2 so I could justify picking up that version.

Believe me, the PS2 version is far inferior to the DC one, lots of slowdown in the PS2 version, not sure about the PC though.

Believe me, the PS2 version is far inferior to the DC one, lots of slowdown in the PS2 version, not sure about the PC though.

I've played and beat both the PS2 and DC versions. I know the PS2 version isn't as good, but its the only version I don't own.

I still have my dreamcast and I'm pretty sure it still works too.

I still have my dreamcast and I'm pretty sure it still works too.

I have a working one too! picked it up at a thrift store for 7 bucks! it was deemed not working but it was actually just a faulty a/v cable, replaced it and now works like a charm. :D

Try using burned games with it. Might work.

I did thats why I said discs of any kind. Its either the motor or the laser. I just don't feel like buying the parts to repair and then figuring out how to do so.

Mine refuses to read discs of any kind. Though it is a launch model that was very well used.

Pretty sure IIRC, that's a known problem. You should be able to get a replacement laser for them relatively cheap on ebay still. Not that hard to replace. It's been a while since I've done any reading on them. :eek:

Awesome.

sega_dc_10th_05.jpg

Pretty sure IIRC, that's a known problem. You should be able to get a replacement laser for them relatively cheap on ebay still. Not that hard to replace. It's been a while since I've done any reading on them. :eek:

I might look into this week since its spring break.

system requirements seem high for such old titles.
Perhaps its for the emulator needed to run those games on PC?
Just a guess though. I've not tried any Dreamcast emulator before. Only PS2 which do require a heck lot of CPU power for certain titles.

Anyway it would be nice if they could bring over Resident Evil Code Veronica :D

Perhaps its for the emulator needed to run those games on PC?
Just a guess though. I've not tried any Dreamcast emulator before. Only PS2 which do require a heck lot of CPU power for certain titles.

Anyway it would be nice if they could bring over Resident Evil Code Veronica :D

That would be a sale for me but I don't think Capcom will let them

Crossing my fingers for skies of arcadia.

Meh. I bought Legends for the Gamecube because Skies of Arcadia was all I heard from the Dreamcast fans...and was pretty much disappointed.

The graphics were *meh*, even when you consider what the Dreamcast was capable of (nearly unchanged for the Gamecube port too). Combat was repetitive matching of colors, and there werre so many encounters it got old quick. The storyline was incredibly predictable (you mean that chick with the big boobs who just appeared out of nowhere is going to betray me - the hell you say!), and really didn't engross me.

About the only awesome thing from the whole game was the ship-to-ship combat, and there wasn't enough of that to satisfy me, so I stopped about halfway through the game. The reality is: this game (much like so many on the Dreamcast) was over hyped because it had no competition.

Meh. I bought Legends for the Gamecube because Skies of Arcadia was all I heard from the Dreamcast fans...and was pretty much disappointed.

The graphics were *meh*, even when you consider what the Dreamcast was capable of (nearly unchanged for the Gamecube port too). Combat was repetitive matching of colors, and there werre so many encounters it got old quick. The storyline was incredibly predictable (you mean that chick with the big boobs who just appeared out of nowhere is going to betray me - the hell you say!), and really didn't engross me.

About the only awesome thing from the whole game was the ship-to-ship combat, and there wasn't enough of that to satisfy me, so I stopped about halfway through the game. The reality is: this game (much like so many on the Dreamcast) was over hyped because it had no competition.

To each his own but sounds to me like you should just avoid the whole JRPG genre.

To each his own but sounds to me like you should just avoid the whole JRPG genre.

I dunno, I liked Tales of Symphonia and Final Fantasy X (two games I played about the same time period). FFX was not good enough for me to ever want to replay it, but I did finish the game.

And even though I liked Tales of Symphonia, I will also state for the record that it's overrated - it's the only good RPG for the Gamecube, but not an instant classic.

I dunno, I liked Tales of Symphonia and Final Fantasy X (two games I played about the same time period). FFX was not good enough for me to ever want to replay it, but I did finish the game.

And even though I liked Tales of Symphonia, I will also state for the record that it's overrated - it's the only good RPG for the Gamecube, but not an instant classic.

Maybe the genre just isn't for you or you need to expand out beyond games like that. ToS is fun, but I agree that people put way too much love into it. Still if you want to play JRPG you will have to come to turns with the cliches of the genre and if you can't well then its probably best to avoid it as it would only be a waste of your time.

Mine refuses to read discs of any kind. Though it is a launch model that was very well used.

Try the laser adjustment, worked wonders for mine. Link

And Skis of Arcadia is the best JRPG not made by Square ever, boo hiss hiss on you!

According to the Steam forums, these are pretty shitty ports. Looks like something to avoid unless they make some big improvements.

According to the Steam forums, these are pretty shitty ports. Looks like something to avoid unless they make some big improvements.

That's sad. :(

Then again, its Sega. I shouldn't really expect much from them anymore. :(

I lost my DC in a move years back. Thought about buying another one.

There are a lot of games i would like to see make it to the pc, but I think shenmue 1 and 2 would be a great idea, if those sold well enough sega might actually be able to scrounge up the capital to finish off the series.

Powerstone 1 and 2. Chu Chu Rocket , Shenmue series and cheaper prices as 8.99 is too much.

Sadly they aren't great ports. I'm a huge Crazy Taxi fan, but while Crazy Taxi with Offspring = awesome, Crazy Taxi with generic rock = meh.

I have both Crazy Taxi & Space Channel 1+2 on the PS2, and while not as good as the Dreamcast versions, they're good enough. (Space Channel 2 has sync issues on the port).

I had a Dreamcast on 9/9/1999! For about 2 years. I miss that thing. It was the hacker's "Dream" after a short while. Quake 3 Arena and Sonic FTW!

Back