Dream-Machine with Dream WC (Hope..You be the judge)

Hello,
I am seting up a new sistem with the following specs:
ASUS STRIKER EXTREME
INTEL QX6700 QUADCORE
2 BFG 8800GTX WATER COOLED EDITION 1\2 FITTINGS IN SLI
2X1GB RAM PC9200 OCZ FLEX XLC (COMES WITH WATER BLOCK)
2 RAPTOR X 150GB EACH FOR OS
2 SEAGATE 7200.10 750GB EACH
PC POWER AND COOLING 1KW QUADSLI
1 DVD BURNER DVD-DL
1 DVD PLAYER
SWIFTECH APEX ULTRA H20-220 KIT
AN EXTRA RADIATOR FROM SWIFTECH MCR-120

ok, done with that, lets get to the good stuff.
from what i read the order of the loop is not as important as long as you keep it simple.
the problem i have is that in my loop there are three sizes barbs 1\2, 3\8 and 1\4, so it was hard to setup.
below are the plans i think is my best bet, but i am posting it here to see if anyone has ideas of making better or just telling me its ok.
most of the tubing and the parts are 1\2 but the extra rad wich i was told is needed is 3\8 and the heatsink that comes with the ram is 1\4.
heres the best way i could plan it:
reservoir-pump-vga1-vga2-cpu-from here i use a swiftech F fitting that reduces it to 1\4 and another F to go back to 1\2, thanks to the F i dont loose pressure because the 1\2 never get cut off.
From here i go to the the radiators the 2x120 has 1\2 barbs and the 1x120 has 3\8 barbs, so what i did is used a 1\2 Y fitting and one tubing i used a reducer to 3\8 and connect it to the small rad and on the other i went the the big rad, after this i uses another reducer and with another Y it all went back to 1\2 and one tube and from here to the reservoir wich by the way is a 5-1/4 double bay from dangerden.
Well thats about it. here is the upload from the plans to make it easier to visualize, dont mind the way the tubing goes in the case ill probably be different but this way is easier to see.
thanks for your help and hopefully ill be able to post pictures soon.
By the way i dont live in the USA, i did buy all there and took it back home so keep in mind that other fittings would be hard for me to get, i am triying to work with what i have, still any opinions are apreciated.

Might want to ditch the 120x1 rad and just buy a nice thermochill 120x2 instead of the swiftech.

Ditch the ram loops, they'll be useless and potentially problematic.

Multiple radiators isn't necessarily a bad idea, but you have to look at how many fittings and joints you need to make it work. Mainly, you need to think about your packaging constraints; can I fit two small radiators in two different spots instead of one larger radiator in one spot?

Theoretically the flow-drop across the loop(from before the first "Y" fitting after the cpu, to the end of the "Y" fitting leading to the resevoir) will be lower. That doesn't mean it will work better. I'd recommend sticking with a single rad.

Get rid of the RAM blocks (most RAM blocks leak)... And run both your radiators in SERIES, not parallell...

Water works like electricity, it'll take the path of least resistance... Therefore, since the double rad has higher resistance than the single rad, ALOT more water will flow through the smaller rad than the larger one... Ruining your cooling ability (well, not RUINING it, but hurting it)

Other than that, even though you're reducing to 3/8 for a little bit... you'll get a good setup.

Arcygenical:
Thanks for the response, but i have a few question about what you are saying.
Firts you are saying get rid of the ram blocks, iam not sure if you know but this ram comes with the water block and thats one of the reasons is so expensive.
Second you say to run the rads in series but wich one first, and are you sure considering that one is 1\2 and the other is 3\8 thats a wise choice???

Yes they know that the ram come with the blocks, it is overkill. You can get ram that will overclock for better, and probably for cheaper. As for the rad, if you run them in series I would do the 120.2 first then the 120.1.

Like others have said, ram blocks are rather pointless and in the end can cause problems. Also, running a 120.2 and a 120.1 rad is silly when you can just get a higher performing 120.2 rad and save yourself the extra restriction..

I am setting a system with almost the exact same specs as yours: QX6700, 4GB OCZ FlexXLC, 2 x 8800GTX. But as far as watercooling concerns, I would make it 2 separate loops - 1/2" and 1/4" or 3/8" loops. This is what I will be doing. The loops will be cooled by a single Thermochill PA120.3 and run by 2 D5 pumps.

Ok, i am seriously starting to think of discarding watercooling the rams.
So my final question would be for the rads.
I guess the way of going is in series, but since one is 1\2 an the other 3\8 wont that hurt the flow of the water?? beacuse if it will maybe i should just stick to the 2x120.
I know some people say i should replace it with a higher performing rad but i dont live in the usa and this is what i have rigth now.
So...What is my best bet, opinionnnn neededdddddd
Thanks for all your help everybody

Just for for a 120x3 rad and forget about the two seperate ones.

Or, if that isn't feasable space-wise, just use the one 120x2 and stick with that for awhile. It's not like using a worse RADwill cause your computer to magically explode. If you don't care about 2-3 degrees, just go with that.

Ok, i am seriously starting to think of discarding watercooling the rams. Good
So my final question would be for the rads.
I guess the way of going is in series, but since one is 1\2 an the other 3\8 wont that hurt the flow of the water?? beacuse if it will maybe i should just stick to the 2x120.

Well... You'll only lose a bit of performance if you've got a strong pump (which you do). I say experiment... Try it with both first, and if your temperatures are high (we can be the judge of that) you can take it out and try again. Considering your system, I think you'd benefit from both radiators, especially for noise level.

I know some people say i should replace it with a higher performing rad but i dont live in the usa and this is what i have rigth now.

Where do you live?

Aaand...

Or, if that isn't feasable space-wise, just use the one 120x2 and stick with that for awhile. It's not like using a worse RADwill cause your computer to magically explode. If you don't care about 2-3 degrees, just go with that.

He's right... You'll lose about 2-3 degrees (my guess) of cooling power by using the double radiator. I still say both radiators are a good idea... As we know the performance difference between 1/2" and 3/8" is small at best. The cooling power would be worth it I think, at least for the silence level.

Well then...
I think i made my choice after hearing from all of you (Thanks again by then way)
Water cooling the ram id goooneeeeeee.
And i will connect both my rads in series conecting.
I think this is the best way to conect them:
1\2 tubing into the 120x2 output from this goes into a fitting reduction to 3\8 and into the 120x1 and output from this goes into a enlager (reduction reversed) from 3\8 to 1\2.
The same is as in the plans.
i will probably go to a 120X3 in the future, hell why not a 120X4 :D
By the way in Live in Caracas, Venezuela.
I travel a lot to Miami, and i buy all in the internet and bring it here.
Thanks and keep posting

Back