Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen coming to PC

Attachments

• DD.jpg
    DD.jpg
    770.6 KB · Views: 0
I tried playing this game when it was originally released on PC but lost interest after about 10 hours of play. Decided to give DDDA another shot while waiting for the Kingdoms of Amalur remaster, and man have I been pleasantly surprised. The starting hours of the game is quite slow and tedious with not much direction, but once you start building up your character and make your way through the story, the game really starts to hit its stride! I'm now about 45 hours into my second attempt and I will definitely be seeing it through to the end. If you haven't played DDDA yet, I highly urge you to not give up because of the slow burn start because the game really starts to open up around level 20 or so...

I'm using the 4K texture mod, Resonant ENB and no stamina sprint mod and am having a blast.

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/4 - Resonant ENB
https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/9 - Unlimited Sprint
4K Showcase and mod links:

Also, I'd highly recommend new players check out this starting out guide. It definitely made a huge difference getting me to stick with it for the second playthrough attempt.

I loved this game, spent many hours in the end game. I really hope that there is some renewed interest and a sequel.

DDDA is one of my favorite games in the last 10 years. Flawed on some way but so much fun when you're into it. Played it a few times and logged around 200 hours into it, I think i picked it up for like $6 3-4 years ago. They better have a sequel.

DDDA is one of my favorite games in the last 10 years. Flawed on some way but so much fun when you're into it. Played it a few times and logged around 200 hours into it, I think i picked it up for like $6 3-4 years ago. They better have a sequel.

Its Capcom, sooo, maybe?

There's a few things being optimistic has going for it is they may be using the animated show on Netflix to boost intrest in the IP and could already have a sequel to the game in the works AND Capcoms been having a great few years with Monster Hunter World, RE7, RE2, DMC5, and RE3 so they do have money to risk on revisiting an IP that didn't perform that well.

But there's always the possibility they might just use all their newly aquired wealth on hookers and blow.

Capcom's decisions never seem to be related to good IP or sales, in fact I don't really understand how they make decisions. They can pump out pure crap in massive numbers (most of the RE series outside of the very stellar few) and then abandon or under utilize quality IP like DDDA, Monster Hunter (How long did it take them to bring it to more than just a handheld?). I mean they managed to screw up Marvel Vs. Capcom and that should have been a simple slam dunk.

They are probably the strangest developer out there.

is this game considered difficult?...I hear the Sorcerer class is best but if I choose a melee focused class and don't use the pawns is the game really challenging?

is this game considered difficult?...I hear the Sorcerer class is best but if I choose a melee focused class and don't use the pawns is the game really challenging?
I played melee character and the game is challenging but not overly difficult. I used pawns though so your mileage may vary. Any particular reason you aren't using pawns?

I played melee character and the game is challenging but not overly difficult. I used pawns though so your mileage may vary. Any particular reason you aren't using pawns?

I haven't played the game yet...I just normally prefer playing games solo and find NPC squad mates annoying and was wondering if it could be played solo

Last edited:
I haven't played the game yet...I just normally prefer playing games solo and find NPC squad mates annoying was wondering if it could be played solo

Ahh ok. I would still recommend you take advantage of them. They are quite central to the gameplay in terms of support. It's quite a unique game mechanic also. If you haven't already, I highly recommend watching the starting out video guide I posted previously. It has some excellent tips.

I haven't played the game yet...I just normally prefer playing games solo and find NPC squad mates annoying and was wondering if it could be played solo
Each class is lacking something in one way or another and you will generally fill that using pawns. I forget if you can play solo, you get one pawn that you can make that I don't think you can avoid using, but you don't have to borrow another two. I generally have 3 pawns with me one that I made and 2 others. Respec-ing is easy once it's available and you will want to check out the other classes as they unlock and it doesn't cost anything, all your spent points are returned to you to reuse. So a tip is don't sell everything that is not for your class. Keep the most powerful drops for each class and only sell the weak stuff and duplicates because you'll need them if you change classes as equipment doesn't work with classes other than the one it was designed for. Personally love the Mystic Knight class. One last tip, you need a light source at night. You really can't see a thing at night.

You are going to love this game! Wait until you figure out how to train your pawns and they become know-it-alls that recommended using certain weapons and skills depending on how they were trained. Sometimes it is just fun to watch them run off to battle all willy nilly and get "pawned." Do resurrect them though. They are your adorable minions.

Poors Mans MMO the graphics sucked on the PS3.
You do know that it is an RPG and NOT a MMO. Of course the graphics look dated; it is literally the 10th anniversary of the game. The gameplay, story, and environment made the game great.

It was remastered for the PC some years ago. I personally loved the game for what it was. The sequel is a day one purchase for me.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion.

20231128084224_1.jpg

This game is tons better than the PS3 version which was really hard visually due my CRT TV. I actually found the place where I can pick up spells early in the game something I never figured out on the PS3 version.Playing at 1440P and VRR on my OLED people are going to be blown away at the sequel more so than Baldurs Gate 3.

Last edited:
20231129094251_1.jpg

I had some hard crashes like 4-5 of them until I figured it was my Asus lighting software then my cursor was bliking after the crash so I uninstalled like all of my RGB software except ICUE.
I did this dungeon which was about a half hour then saved my progress.

Back