Dragonball Xenoverse: Only DBZ game ive ever been interested in

Dan

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone else picking this up? been watching twitch streams of it and looks like alot of fun. I like the online RPG element to it. Getting it off steam a few days after release

Too much like GunZ: The Duel and it's sequel. Those games are fun for a while but I get burnt out fast. Looks pretty good though.

No stupid 30fps lock on this! Rejoice! Bamco unbelievable!
Please let that mean Naruto 4 will also be 60fps.........

After seeing this tread, I just watched a guy stream the game for entirely too long. It looks like a combination between the recent DBZ fighting games and something like Phantasy Star Online. That said, I think I might be sold since DBZ and PSO are both staples of my childhood. I feel like my brother and I would have a blast with this game. Now the real question becomes how much I want to spend on it. I don't really want to pay full price, but I don't know what the staying power of the game will be. If the community is dead, you lose a huge chunk of the game's draw.

I've heard about character creation but I haven't read much about it. That might be a make or break for me.. I think it's cool that your character gets to change the actual DBZ storylines, it's a very creative approach to avoiding predictability. I'm interested but not for $40+

I might be picking this up. Debating whether or not it's worthy of a Day 1 purchase, though. This looks to finally be the Dragonball game I was waiting for: a mixture of the SNES RPG and real-time fighting elements that includes most of the characters from the DB universe.

Looks like it could be a big hit if there's a large group of people buying it.

Is this game digital download only for PC or can I grab a box copy? Can only see digital download copies it seems.

Looks like it could be a big hit if there's a large group of people buying it.

Is this game digital download only for PC or can I grab a box copy? Can only see digital download copies it seems.

Namco Bandai PC releases seem to be digital only in the US at least.

i think this will actually be a day 1 purchase for me. I keep watching streams over and over again.

Yeah, I bought this game and its season pass on the 11th on Steam. I've played a lot of their other games on various consoles. I'm glad they finally made one for PC. Hope it doesn't let us down.

For the people who buys this, let the ones who are on the fence (me :p) know how it is! I would love me some Dragonball.

my friend who knows nothing of DBZ bought it for Xbone and absolutely loves it. for how long is anyones guess but all the stuff i read are really good. Think im buying it for steam right now

Gotta say I'm really enjoying it so far. The last DBZ game I put any serious time into was Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and I think this is the best DBZ game since then. It's too early to say if I think it's better than BT3 but it is very fun and I like the way they're playing with the story this time. The side missions are pretty fun and although character creation isn't deep it's nice. The combat system is rather enjoyable as well, they've done a good job making a simple yet really smooth and responsive feeling fighter. The PC port is very solid for me. Everything maxed out my frame rate does not drop below 60 and in the hour fourty-ish I just played I ran across no bugs or any kind of issues. It's too early for me to make a call one way or the other on the game but it's showing me tons of potential so far.

It also seems like a really solid PC port. I'm playing with an Xbox 360 controller, but it looks like all the menus can be navigated through with KB+M as expected in a PC game, without any of the awkwardness that occasionally comes along in a port (Fable Anniversary, anyone?). Options menu is full with most everything you expect. There are no freely customizable controller keys, as usual... I haven't played around with graphical options, just turned everything to max. 2560x1440 was a selectable option by default.

i told my wife i wasnt going to buy it till after boston... I think i lied. So whats the PC verdict? plan on playing with a PS4 controller.
how are people buying this at a discount?

Last edited:
i told my wife i wasnt going to buy it till after boston... I think i lied. So whats the PC verdict? plan on playing with a PS4 controller

Outside of some server connection issues that will probably clear up in a few days, the port seems really solid. Not sure how well a PS4 controller works on it but I've seen a few people talk about issues getting it to work on the Steam forums so it might be worth digging through there to see whats up and how to fix it.

PS4 controller works natively.

I've used mine connected via bluetooth and usb.

No special software needed.

on the freeza saga and loving every second on PC

One of the few times that I decided to ignore reviews, and I'm glad I did (not that they are blasting the game). I installed it last night and proceeded to lose track of time for a few hours. If you were ever into DBZ at all, you'll probably have a blast. For me, it basically feels like a love letter to a generation of kids that grew up with the anime.

nice to see others having fun with it

Guess it needs to go on my wishlist

yeah, I'm enjoying it as well. The only thing I don't like is you can't type what you want to say, unless I'm missing something? All I can send out is the automated sentences.

yeah, I'm enjoying it as well. The only thing I don't like is you can't type what you want to say, unless I'm missing something? All I can send out is the automated sentences.

Nope, can't type. Microphone or select the player, hit profile and message them on steam.

Back