Dragon Age: Inquisition is how to do female characters rightt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
QtNZKYy.jpg

http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/2012/11/30-examples-of-male-privilege/

If you identify as a man, there’s a good chance you’ve never thought about these things. Try and be more cognizant of these privileges in your daily life and you’ll understand how much work we have to do to make for a society that is equitable to all people, regardless of their gender.

If you have a bad day or are in a bad mood, people aren’t going to blame it on your sex
You can be careless with your money and not have people blame it on your sex
You can be a careless driver and not have people blame it on your sex
You can be confident that your coworkers won’t assume you were hired because of your sex
If you are never promoted, it isn’t because of your sex
You can expect to be paid equitably for the work you do, and not paid less because of your sex
If you are unable to succeed in your career, that won’t be seen as evidence against your sex in the workplace
A decision to hire you won’t be based on whether or not the employer assumes you will be having children in the near future
Work comfortably (or walk down a public street) without the fear of sexual harassment
Walk alone at night without the fear of being raped or otherwise harmed
Go on a date with a stranger without the fear of being raped
Dress how you want and not worry it will be used as a defense if you are raped
If you are straight, you are not likely to be abused by your partner, or to be told to continue living in an abusive household for your children
You can decide not to have children and not have your masculinity questioned
If you choose to have children, you will praised for caring for your children, instead of being expected to be the full-time caretaker
Balance a career and a family without being called selfish for not staying at home (or being constantly pressured to stay at home)
If you are straight and decide to have children with your partner, you can assume this will not affect your career
If you rise to prominence in an organization/role, no one will assume it is because you slept your way to the top
You can seek political office without having your sex be a part of your platform
You can seek political office without fear of your relationship with your children, or who you hire to take care of them, being scrutinized by the press
Most political representatives share your sex, particularly the higher-ups
Your political officials fight for issues that pertain to your sex
You can ask for the “person in charge” and will likely be greeted by a member of your sex
As a child, you were able to find plenty of non-limiting, gender role stereotyped media to view
If you don’t spend much time on your appearance, you won’t have to worry about about being criticized at work or in social situations
You can spend time on your appearance without having people criticizing you for upholding unhealthy gender norms
If you’re not conventionally attractive (or in shape), you don’t have to worry as much about that negatively affecting your potential
You are not pressured by peers and society to be thin as much as the opposite sex
You’re not expected to spend excessive amounts of money on grooming, style, and appearance to fit in, while making less money than the opposite sex
Have promiscuous sex and be viewed positively for it
You can go to a car dealership or mechanic and assume you’ll get a fair deal and not be taken advantage of
Expressions and conventional language reflects your sex (e.g., mailman, “all men are created equal”)
Every major religion in the world is led by individuals of your sex
You can practice religion without subjugating yourself or thinking of yourself as less because of your sex
You are less likely to be interrupted than members of the opposite sex

This shit just keeps getting better and better.

How many attractive females do you see with fat guys? (Assuming they aren't rich) Now how many fat chicks do you see with attractive males? Hint, the second one is more likely to occur. You make one list, we can find you another that shows the reverse. Just keep your feminist stuff in Genmay, you don't need to infest the rest of the forums with it.

This shit just keeps getting better and better.

How many attractive females do you see with fat guys? (Assuming they aren't rich) Now how many fat chicks do you see with attractive males? Hint, the second one is more likely to occur. You make one list, we can find you another that shows the reverse. Just keep your feminist stuff in Genmay, you don't need to infest the rest of the forums with it.

We could indeed keep going around and around but we are going off-topic. The truth is that so many guys complain that more women don't play games yet when women do talk about their complaints guys just shrug it off as they do most things instead of LISTENING and BELIEVING, it's any wonder why so many guys have issues with women?

Is it really hard to believe, for example, when women see things such as this:

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/873298/Lollipop_XBOX_KA_f4.2.jpg[/

Or this:

[IMG]http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/12/catherine.jpg[/I

Or see "extras" such as this:

[IMG]http://www.destructoid.com//ul/242475-deep-silver-deeply-regrets-gruesome-dead-island-statue/Zombie-Bait-noscale.jpg[/

It just ends up turning them off?

And before you start with the "Oh...but men are shown with big muscular ripped bodies" keep in mind most men would love to be big and tough and look like that, but ultimately it doesn't turn men off.

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically men are OK with their insecurities and therefore don't care how muscular someone is in a video game, but women can't? Then why do women look at fashion magazines, where there are women that are almost completely nude? Seriously, just stay away from video games. We have been enjoying our games for years now, stop trying to ruin it with your feminist garbage, it doesn't belong here. You can go argue about it when it comes to jobs or equality, but not in video games.

Typical responses from sexist men that take for granted their male privilege. I am sure you would love it if women had no rights and you could make them your sex slaves and they had to do whatever you wanted without question. I think you guys should move to Saudi Arabia where the vast majority of men have a similar mindset. I am so sorry you can't just make any woman you want do what you want without question. :rolleyes:

Yes. Every single one of the people you quoted wish that they would treat women as nothing more than sex slaves. You are incredibly perceptive to be able to pick that out of their posts, but now they're unmasked for good.

Yes. Every single one of the people you quoted wish that they would treat women as nothing more than sex slaves. You are incredibly perceptive to be able to pick that out of their posts, but now they're unmasked for good.

Time to move to Saudi Arabia!!!!!!!

So basically men are OK with their insecurities and therefore don't care how muscular someone is in a video game, but women can't? Then why do women look at fashion magazines, where there are women that are almost completely nude? Seriously, just stay away from video games. We have been enjoying our games for years now, stop trying to ruin it with your feminist garbage, it doesn't belong here. You can go argue about it when it comes to jobs or equality, but not in video games.

Oh please, men don't suffer from insecurities anywhere near what women do. Keep in mind since men have always dominated and had their way if men have issues they have nothing but men to blame. Whereas women have always had little choice but to just go along.

You know how women can hardly play a game with a mic because regardless of how good they are they'll very often get death/rape threats, hence why many choose to not use one and have their handle ambiguous as to gender.

Whenever I hear men complain they have it oh so bad I just laugh. Men have it really good in society and the vast majority of their perceived "injustices" they bring up on themselves. I have no sympathy for men at all since they usually earn the crap they bring on themselves.

And women aren't asking to change everything, just be more inclusive.

AngryJoe made a good video about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBuTeQAN1gU

Let me ask you this: If every man in America and I said America, not Saudi Arabia were to suddenly get a device that all they had to do is point it towards any woman they wanted and press a single button making them their sex slaves and doing whatever they wanted without question how many do you honestly think would happily do so without any reservation?

Sure there would be some that could resist, but I bet close to 90% of men would have zero issue doing so.

Guys please, its mean to pick on "gifted" people, let this thread die. It's descending into absolute absurdity with the above proposed Fuck-Ray (something I patented when I was a 13 year old btw)

Let me ask you this: If every man in America and I said America, not Saudi Arabia were to suddenly get a device that all they had to do is point it towards any woman they wanted and press a single button making them their sex slaves and doing whatever they wanted without question how many do you honestly think would happily do so without any reservation?

Sure there would be some that could resist, but I bet close to 90% of men would have zero issue doing so.

One issue I have is that you're arbitrarily drawing a line at gender. If you gave men godlike powers over other men, those would get abused too. Not by everyone, to be clear, but abuse would happen.

The other is that you're extrapolating what they - specifically, not the American male public at large - would do with godlike powers. You're extrapolating this from a comment that has nothing to do with what they would do if you gave them godlike powers. You are accusing them of a moral bankruptcy they've done nothing to display. What makes you think it's okay to accuse them of misogyny without evidence?

And woman wouldn't do that same? There are a lot of differences between men and women but power corrupts EVERYONE. It has nothing to do with gender. I have seen some incredibly stupid arguments made by so-called feminists but this is quite possibly the most fucking retarded thing I have ever heard.

Speaking of which I do hope you don't claim to be advocating equality because that sure as fuck is NOT what your posts say. In fact you and others like you are competely against what real feminism and equality is. So shove your bullshit tripe up your ass and go fuck yourself.

I see you edited your profile. Really sux when someone reveals you to be a raging hypocrite, doesn't it? ;)

As to that question you posed above... I'd aim that magnificent device at the hottest broads on this wretched planet and turn them into filthy, fleshy, man-pleasing Philistines they were put on this Earth to be and I'd enjoy every decadent millisecond of it.

Last edited:

apparently you have only hung around 50 yr old 400lb jabba the hutts, or feminazis, because everything you have posted is completely lol.

apparently you have only hung around 50 yr old 400lb jabba the hutts, or feminazis, because everything you have posted is completely lol.

I had to read the thread again, it was just so epic. This sort of reaction is just the perfect conclusion to that story :D

One issue I have is that you're arbitrarily drawing a line at gender. If you gave men godlike powers over other men, those would get abused too. Not by everyone, to be clear, but abuse would happen.

The other is that you're extrapolating what they - specifically, not the American male public at large - would do with godlike powers. You're extrapolating this from a comment that has nothing to do with what they would do if you gave them godlike powers. You are accusing them of a moral bankruptcy they've done nothing to display. What makes you think it's okay to accuse them of misogyny without evidence?
Well it's kind of hard not to when the vast majority of murders/rapes/white/blue collar theft etc. is BY men.

about_victims.jpg

sa_statistics.jpg

reporting.jpg

about_offenders.jpg

Just check that out.

As well as college:

Sexual Violence on College Campuses

RAPE is the most common violent crime on American college campuses.3

1 in 4 college women will be the victim of sexual assault during her academic career. 1
3 percent of college men report surviving rape or attempted rape as a child or an adult. 1
Survivors of rape or sexual assault are 4 times more likely to be victimized by someone they know than by a stranger? 2
It is estimated that almost 25 percent of college women have been victims of rape or attempted rape since the age of 14. 3
Every 21 hours there is a rape on an American college campus.5
College women are most vulnerable to rape during the first few weeks of their freshman and sophomore years. 5
1 in 12 college-age men admit having fulfilled the prevailing definition of rape or attempted rape, yet virtually none of these men identify themselves as rapists. 5
75 percent of the men and 55 percent of the women involved in acquaintance rapes were drinking or taking drugs just before the attack. 1
Men are more likely than women to assume that a woman who drinks alcohol on a date is a willing sex partner. 40% of men who think this way also believe it is acceptable to force sex on an intoxicated woman. 5
College rape victims receive external physical injuries in over 47% of all rapes. 5
http://www.clevelandrapecrisis.org/resources/statistics/sexual-violence-on-college-campuses

And this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/23/domestic-violence-statistics_n_5959776.html

The number of American troops killed in Afghanistan and Iraq between 2001 and 2012 was 6,488. The number of American women who were murdered by current or ex male partners during that time was 11,766. That's nearly double the amount of casualties lost during war.

Women are much more likely to be victims of intimate partner violence with 85 percent of domestic abuse victims being women and 15 percent men. Too many women have been held captive by domestic violence -- whether through physical abuse, financial abuse, emotional abuse or a combination of all three.

And as in my other thread I made about a woman that was the victim of domestic abuse, very severely, most guys just laughed/joked about it. Not like you or most guys here care. :rolleyes:

And woman wouldn't do that same? There are a lot of differences between men and women but power corrupts EVERYONE. It has nothing to do with gender. I have seen some incredibly stupid arguments made by so-called feminists but this is quite possibly the most fucking retarded thing I have ever heard.

Speaking of which I do hope you don't claim to be advocating equality because that sure as fuck is NOT what your posts say. In fact you and others like you are competely against what real feminism and equality is. So shove your bullshit tripe up your ass and go fuck yourself.
Not anywhere on the scale men would. Why do you think the vast majority of bank robbers are male? Or school shooters (when was the last time a woman went up shooting a school? Certainly not recently)? Or are the cause of domestic violence?

Sure power can corrupt women as well, but at least it doesn't usually end up with violence/rape/death/mass murders/genocide. Men wish to deny their carnal and primitive natures because they are ashamed of them hence why you have jokes about women drivers despite the fact the majority of car wrecks, especially those that result in death are caused by men. Or why even when women talk about their experiences being sexually harassed men just blow it off as no big deal or even accuse them of lying.

If a portal opened up to a hypothetical female-dominated world I would gladly jump in knowing it would be more peaceful, prisons wouldn't be over crowded to the gills and we wouldn't have stupid wars like Vietnam/Iraq/Afghanistan which pretty much just come about as a **** waving contest from men. And especially as a disabled person I'd get a lot more support since women are just naturally more empathetic/sympathetic to the suffering of others. Is it any surprise that most of the social programs we have to help the needy or those with disabilities only really started coming about when women advocated for it. Heck, in America women haven't even had the right to vote yet for 100 years and it wasn't until many were beat/raped/imprisoned that something was finally done.

This is the point I made earlier which the OP conveniently ignored.

You have zero experience with women is all I can conclude from this. Seriously, just stop now. You're making yourself look like an even bigger fool.

BS.............

Of course women don't rape men. Your grasp of biology is disturbing. First off men are normally physically stronger. Secondly if a guy doesn't have a boner he can't really have sex. Thirdly, if a woman gets forceful with a man she's got to be pretty damned ugly for a guy to refuse her. A woman doesn't need to resort to date rape drugs to get a guy. They simply tell a guy they want sex and it's pretty much a done deal. Some guy will say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back