Dragon Age III: Inquisition announced!!!!

Hmm...No issues for me with the 347.09 beta drivers. I haven't played since I installed the official WHQL though, but IIRC all they did was sign the beta drivers so there really shouldn't be any issues. Best bet is to try it yourself because I played for like 4 hours straight without a single issue with the beta drivers. Honestly the beta drivers were much better than the previous WHQL ones with this and many other games.

I'll definitely give the beta drivers a shot. It's no fun not being able to play the game especially since I just unlocked Skyhold. Kind of wish I saved the install for previous drivers!

Can confirm this game is 1000% more enjoyable with a controller.

Totally agreed, as much as I love KB/M I have to admit the 360 controller is a far superior experience in the game. Controlling your character does feel as chaotic and sloppy. Only downside is the layered abilities which can become a bit annoying. Worth it though.

Hum. Haven't tried a controller yet. I actually don't have a huge problem with wsda, but I have two issues; the left botton on the mouse does not mean attack rather it seems to be context sensitive to the last command which is extremely annoying during fights and the camera goes wonky in corners/narrow confines.
-
Maybe i should try a controller but I think I'll at least wait till patch 3. I really don't want to have to use a controller as it can be a pia.

So.... Was wondering when Vivienne would appear. Then found she has to be recruited before skyhold. Then saw a video of her singlehandedly killing a dragon.... Fuuuuuuuuccccck.

At the time of writing all you can mod is some Skyhold outfit colours, but the fact you can do this shows a promising start for a game a lot of assumed would just remain unmodded.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Swapping some textures/settings isn't anywhere equivalent to a UI rework or "new" content being thrown in.
I tried emulating my PS3 controller. Works in windows but not in the game.

I'm using a PS4 controller with scpserver (to mimic of a 360 controller). If you don't have it plugged, detected, and running before opening the game at all, it won't detect. Also, because EA/Bioware are bunch of idiots, when it does detect the controller it disables all use of the KB+M in game.

it may not be much, but its a start.

After all many folks said the game was unable to be modded. Its a step in the right direction.

Tons of information overload and lurking:

My takeaway is that for numerous reasons the PC version of this game has or had a few issues to the point that I saw several outlets grade the console versions higher than the PC version.

Where are things at with all of that now? I'm seeing a lot of people opt for controls over KBM and while I certainly don't think that's the end of the world I wonder how telling that is.

Holy shit, mods would make that over-hyped character creation process worthwhile. I have no idea how people were stating they spent 30 minutes or an hour in that with how few options there were. After playing with the enhanced character mods like Race Menu and ApachiiSkyHair in Skyrim, DA:I came off as a half-assed joke and frankly it should have been on par with that in the first place.

Holy shit, mods would make that over-hyped character creation process worthwhile. I have no idea how people were stating they spent 30 minutes or an hour in that with how few options there were. After playing with the enhanced character mods like Race Menu and ApachiiSkyHair in Skyrim, DA:I came off as a half-assed joke and frankly it should have been on par with that in the first place.

It's far from half assed :confused:

Multiple GOTY awards, millions or rabid fans, and one of the best game launches in a long time. Haters gonna hate I guess. :rolleyes:

Multiple GOTY awards, millions or rabid fans, and one of the best game launches in a long time. Haters gonna hate I guess. :rolleyes:

Some people here are impossible to please queens. DAI is sfantastic game ands it's laughable that some folks say Skyrim is better.

lol, bunch of trolls waiting to jump on any criticism? My goodness.

I was very clearly referring to the character creation process. I've posted plenty of times in the thread and have enjoyed the game itself quite a bit, but if you haven't played with Skyrim's character creation mods then you've been missing out for some time. The overall quality and number of options for DA:I's process isn't nearly as good as it should be.

lol, bunch of trolls waiting to jump on any criticism? My goodness.

I was very clearly referring to the character creation process. I've posted plenty of times in the thread and have enjoyed the game itself quite a bit, but if you haven't played with Skyrim's character creation mods then you've been missing out for some time. The overall quality and number of options for DA:I's process isn't nearly as good as it should be.

Actually, he agreed with you. His response was the weakest possible and indicated anguish over a statement that he had no ammunition against. Revel in your victory. ;)

I've been playing DAI recently.

TBH, I don't think Skyrim is better, really. But I felt more compelled to play it. DA really just doesn't feel as fun. I also don't like the characters from DAI as much as the ones before (origin). Maybe it's just the group play, took me forever to beat Origins... it was only after I went crazy with mods that I beat Origins, and even then only because I was already powerful from beating the mods which was 10x harder.

Skyrim, on the other hand I actually went through it 90+ hours before I added some mods, and I didn't even go crazy with it.

Well, I finally won DOI this weekend. I completed everything short of some table missions (some leftover ones that don't seem to do much) and I'm still missing 3 mosaic pieces and 2 liquor bottles. I ended up finishing at level 24 with max influence and just under 98 hours of playtime.
Quite the game. It's huge, although I would mention that the freedom to go and do whatever you want can skew the plot a little. I found myself having nothing left but 6-7 straight plot missions since I went nuts exploring after getting Skyhold. I kinda wish they didn't give you the option to go to all of those places before advancing the plot. It's a tiny complaint though.
It's definitely in my top 5 for the year. Dark Souls 2 is probably a hair better (my opinion only) but it's damn close. I think the battle system in DOI is probably just a little too simplistic, but the game still succeeds with it.

Finally finished it. I have to say it was the best money I spent on a game for 2014. It took a long time (I think it says 171 hours :eek: ) But I only missed a few quests like getting all the shards, and some desecration quest, a couple of treasure maps and some mosaic pieces. I'd probably try to finish it off, but I just had to stop and finish it finally lol. I was getting sick of trying to find the last 6 shards that I couldn't seem to find the skull to get the last of them. If that playtime is accurate I paid about $0.26/hour :D.

The shards and the herb/metal gathering are probably the one thing that I think needs to be trimmed down. It should be there at least at the start, but at some point everything you have gathered (herbs/metals) should have a local merchant selling it, because it's a tedious thing to do. Also they need to consolidate the merchants and the blacksmith/upgrade stations together. I was not thrilled with finding I need to buy a sold item and having to load once to get there then twice to get back to the crafting station. And for the love of God, put in a local stash. Inventory management sucked. I built several types of weapons based on what I was going to fight and I had to carry them all the time. I don't need a dragon killer all the time nor do I want to waste a master level rune by replacing it with something else for a different situation. If runes were interchangeable then it wouldn't have been an issue, but they aren't, so I had so much extra crap to bring with me.

For the most part I'd say everything seemed to fit well together and the open world like setting helped immensely. That sense of exploration is what fueled my desire to keep going and searching for things. The only thing is I don't think I'd play through it again. I might start another character one day but I doubt I'd finish it a second time. I just can't see spending the time doing it again even if I skipped a few things like killing all the dragons and ignoring most of the side quests. Still though, this game redeemed the DA franchise for me. I still think DAO is a little bit better overall, but it completely blows away that turd called DA2.

Just thought I'd update a bit, around 70 hours.

For the last couple of days of playing, I have to say my enjoyment has risen quite a bit due to me dragon hunting. I hunted 7 out of the 8 I've killed of the 10 possible, and it's been really fun to fight. Not to mention, my reaver..... Just WOW... Reaver is just insane. I deal probably 6k DPS if I put on lvl 1 rampage, or maybe even more. Thank god for that, because I was seriously starting getting bored. But considering how far I've gotten, my impression of it is definitely higher.

EDIT: I'm playing with KB/M. Anyone else having a lot of trouble with the targeting system? It's pretty infuriating when I'm trying to attack and I accidentally click on menus and random dragon parts that makes my character try to aim at something out of range.

Just thought I'd update a bit, around 70 hours.

For the last couple of days of playing, I have to say my enjoyment has risen quite a bit due to me dragon hunting. I hunted 7 out of the 8 I've killed of the 10 possible, and it's been really fun to fight. Not to mention, my reaver..... Just WOW... Reaver is just insane. I deal probably 6k DPS if I put on lvl 1 rampage, or maybe even more. Thank god for that, because I was seriously starting getting bored. But considering how far I've gotten, my impression of it is definitely higher.

EDIT: I'm playing with KB/M. Anyone else having a lot of trouble with the targeting system? It's pretty infuriating when I'm trying to attack and I accidentally click on menus and random dragon parts that makes my character try to aim at something out of range.

The target lock can be screwy sometimes. I've lost count how many times I've said "wtf are you going" when my dagger rogue flanks the wrong guy lol.

KB/M is shit. I have complained enough about it. I scrapped my game and went back to a previous save, only one before skyhold. I missed out Vivienne, and playing a rogue it was the only way to have that type mage. anyway she freaking kicks ass, it is pretty close to easy mode.

I barely used Vivienne. I always liked Solas' custom spells that would smash enemies and meteor shower them. I stuck with Solas, either Bull or Blackwall, and Cassandra. Cole does good damage, but my main character was a rogue...and Cole's dialogue tended to be boring.
Granted, there weren't exactly all that many challenging fights anyway. IMO, the hardest fights were dealing with the giants in the Emprise du Lion keep followed by running into a dragon when you're at a very low level. Otherwise, the game was never all that tough.
I did notice that when you were very low on potions or health, the fade rifts tend to get nastier than when you're healthier. On several occasions I'd try to do one more thing before going back to camp and the game would throw some world-beater enemies at me. I might die 2-3 times from a quicksave only to go back after healing up and clean house without a scratch.

I like the necromancer abilities, but it's so damn buggy; have to wait for a controlled demon's spirit to run out of time before the next rift will spawn, before loot drops, etc. Super annoying and makes it a waste of time to bring Damien anywhere.

Also, this thread really died out...everyone beat it and move on? Haven't had much time, too much travelling...think I'm getting close to the end of the main storyline at about 70 hours in. Getting tired of the side stuff and just want to push through.

I still haven't beat it either, as I've been extremely busy the last few weeks. No idea when I'll beat it at this rate.

A dozen or so hours in, but no time to play lately. Will be continuing when I can, great game.

still playing it, have 8 of the 10 dragons. I am not really doing the main quests but finishing the areas. like fighting giants and they respawn so that is cool

35 hours in and starting to make a dent on the Hinterlands... though I am seriously considering re-rolling as mage, as I never played that class in the prior games. I may decide to go with a rogue again however, as I really enjoyed it in the DA2, but thought they would nerf it for this one... which they did not. just haven't been able to get into the warrior.

I like the necromancer abilities, but it's so damn buggy; have to wait for a controlled demon's spirit to run out of time before the next rift will spawn, before loot drops, etc. Super annoying and makes it a waste of time to bring Damien anywhere.

You can switch control to Dorian and instantly kill the spirit. It annoyed me too until I figured it out.

I still haven't finished it. I have 1.5 areas left to clear. But I don't play very often. Maybe once or twice a week only. But I beginning to doubt the game's replayability. Sure it'll be interesting to see other NPCs reactions to a different character, but there is no way I'll do all these side stuff again.

I almost have the game completed with my level 24 mage on normal (87~90 hours - disparity between my game saves & Origin - possibly due to CTDs I've experienced). Completing the rest of the quest at the war table before I move on to the last story mission area.

I'll wait until there's new content to play it again. I'm hoping for a big expansion like DAO, instead of DLC like DA2 or even how Mass Effect 1/2/3 were done.

I still haven't finished it. I have 1.5 areas left to clear. But I don't play very often. Maybe once or twice a week only. But I beginning to doubt the game's replayability. Sure it'll be interesting to see other NPCs reactions to a different character, but there is no way I'll do all these side stuff again.

I agree. When I first started playing, I was quite excited to knock through the story and possibly start a new guy with different alignments to see how the story played out. There's far too much side stuff that is basically required to keep your guy's level in line with the story progression. Recollecting those shards in Forbidden Oasis again... nty.

I agree. When I first started playing, I was quite excited to knock through the story and possibly start a new guy with different alignments to see how the story played out. There's far too much side stuff that is basically required to keep your guy's level in line with the story progression. Recollecting those shards in Forbidden Oasis again... nty.

Agreed. This game does have replay value, but honestly I just can't see myself every going through it again. I probably wouldn't mind it so much if not for all the herb gathering, shard collecting and other things that I thought were just so tedious. I kind of want to start a rogue to play through, but just thinking about having to stop ever few feet to pick up elfroot and metal ingredients just makes me cringe. I'd rather they just let me start a new game + and let me pick a new class and just redistribute the points and start from the beginning with my current inventory. That way I at least I can just go through the main story parts in a relatively quick manner and keeping the tedious stuff to a minimum.

Back