Dragon Age II is $12 on Origin.

thanks op.

eM5JN.png

Is this only for the physical version?

edit: NM, figured out. Awesome deal, thanks for the heads up OP :) Finally going to give this game a shot.

so is it physical only? tried through origin client and invalid promo. Tried through website and it worked.

so is it physical only? tried through origin client and invalid promo. Tried through website and it worked.

Seems to work for both. The digital and physical version have separate store pages -

Physical -
http://store.origin.com/DRHM/store?...cale=en_US&ThemeID=718200&productID=178651600

Digital -
http://store.origin.com/DRHM/store?...cale=en_US&ThemeID=718200&productID=201797000

Might as well get the physical copy since it is free shipping (well not to here in Canada sadly) and the game should activate on Origin anyways. Unless you can't wait of course.

OMG I want this...OMG it sucks that I can't even splurge 12 bucks lol. If it's around in a week I will be all over it like a bum on booze.

Fudge, I meant to get that and somehow I ended up DA Origins with extra download content. Must have been a sign to play part one first lol.

Fudge, I meant to get that and somehow I ended up DA Origins with extra download content. Must have been a sign to play part one first lol.

lol. is it even possible to get a refund?

EA has live support chat, so it doesn't hurt to try. Even if they can't solve your issue there's a chance they'll give you 10-25% off coupons.

Great deal, thanks op.

EA has live support chat, so it doesn't hurt to try. Even if they can't solve your issue there's a chance they'll give you 10-25% off coupons.

Thats one more thing that you can't say about Steam. :p

Seriously, play DA first. Its a great game.

Welp, no DAO 2 purchase from me until it hits ~$10 again, their loss.

DA 2 is worth $5

and that's a big MAYBE, it's dogshit same as Crysis 2

Don't do it! If you are a fan at all of DA1 you won't like it. Check out the thousands of 1/10 star user reviews on metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-ii/user-reviews

I played the demo of DA2 and was instantly disappointed. HOWEVER for a low price point, I imagine it's still a fun game in and of itself, just don't compare it to DAO or you'll be disappointed. Think of it as... Dragon Age Minus One, the Prequel. Then it'll be cool enough to play. I'll save my money for Skyrim until a big Steam sale though.

I liked the storyline, plot, and characters (development) which were on par with Origins, but the combat and gameplay were consolized and remind me somewhat of Mass Effect 2.

More ****** trolls. There's nothing terrible except for the skill-sets in DA2. You won't want to play it multiple times but it's still a good game especially considering the short development cycle.

This is tempting at 13 bucks (after tax): what kind of DRM nonsense or DLC does the game have?

You ended up with a vastly superior game. The 1st Dragon Age was amazing, the 2nd was a let down. I actually liked the combat in the 2nd one, but the recycled dungeons, linearity, popping-in enemies, etc. ruined it. It just felt rushed. The graphics were great. At this price point it's a good time, but don't expect it to live up to the original. If they remade Dragon Age: Origins on the DA2 engine I would be all over it again.

Looks like a dead deal unfortunately... was ready to jump on this but I was at work when I read it.

More ****** trolls. There's nothing terrible except for the skill-sets in DA2. You won't want to play it multiple times but it's still a good game especially considering the short development cycle.

Agreed...you can't get through one of these EA/Bioware threads without some tool spewing their toxicity. I paid full price @ launch and have not regrets, was it as good as DA:O? No, but still a great game nonetheless...

Which reminds me...I need to grab the Legacy DLC :)

No one cares about other peoples opinions on a game.. And if people buy a game based on what others say instead of trying the game themselves.. I feel bad for them.

I would say that a majority of those reviews came from those mouth-breathers over @ 4chan.
The hipster crowd is all about the Meta-bombing these days...:rolleyes:

Why do some people not understand that taxes are charged and collected by the government?
Actually they are being voluntarily collected by the vendor. Its your state's responsibility to collect sales tax on your out of state purchases. Unless they have a facility in your state, they are under no obligation to collect those taxes for your state.

Agreed...you can't get through one of these EA/Bioware threads without some tool spewing their toxicity. I paid full price @ launch and have not regrets, was it as good as DA:O? No, but still a great game nonetheless...

Which reminds me...I need to grab the Legacy DLC :)

It's good for people to give their opinions, positive or negative, so they potential buyer can make up their own minds about how hot the deal is.

I thought the game was pretty shoddy, but $12 isn't a bad deal. I doubt many people would feel cheated at that price.

No one cares about other peoples opinions on a game.. And if people buy a game based on what others say instead of trying the game themselves.. I feel bad for them.

And I feel bad for the people who still buy a bad game regardless of what everybody else says. But suit yourself, it's your money. I was just giving you a heads up.

And I feel bad for the people who still buy a bad game regardless of what everybody else says. But suit yourself, it's your money. I was just giving you a heads up.

I never understood the logic advocating BUYING a game before you can form an opinion on it.

If it's known to be a bad game by others, why would you want to PAY to see for yourself if they were right or not?

Leads to a whole "We told you so" situation plus a waste of money.

I never understood the logic advocating BUYING a game before you can form an opinion on it.

If it's known to be a bad game by others, why would you want to PAY to see for yourself if they were right or not?

Leads to a whole "We told you so" situation plus a waste of money.

Dude, its $12. I don't trust most people's opinion either. Tons of people said that Alpha protocol sucked but I and quite a few other people love the game. People like to hate on Borderlands, I loved it.

So what? people don't like wasting their money regardless of the price.

I have Borderlands and all the DLC's for it (bought the DLC's for $7.49 during the Steam sale)

So what? people don't like wasting their money regardless of the price.

I have Borderlands and all the DLC's for it (bought the DLC's for $7.49 during the Steam sale)

Not everyone is going to share your opinion, accept it.

Is it as good as the first one? I don't think that anyone expected it to be. There are people that enjoyed DA2.

Some people just like to bitch and moan.

Back