Dragon Age II Demo - Feb. 22nd

The on-screen action looks very Devil May Cry but it seems that point-and-click combat is still fundamentally the same.

The on-screen action looks very Devil May Cry but it seems that point-and-click combat is still fundamentally the same.

Yeah, that's what I'm picking up too.

By the way, does anyone know if it's possible to actually change the appearance of your Hawke character after selecting male or female? e.g. like in Mass Effect where you always play Shepard but you can still change the way you look.

Yeah, that's what I'm picking up too.

By the way, does anyone know if it's possible to actually change the appearance of your Hawke character after selecting male or female? e.g. like in Mass Effect where you always play Shepard but you can still change the way you look.

I've been wondering that myself. I hope so. I like creating custom characters. I don't like how male Hawke looks at all.

I was never in doubt that Dragon Age 2 would play the same as Dragon Age - but some people seemed to think there would be two distinct animation sets: one for the PC, and one for the consoles.

Clearly that's not the case.

Dragon Age 2 resembles a cartoon on fast forward and it's going to take a lot of getting used to. Personally I hate how it animates, but oh well, just have to accept it I guess.

I think I'll grow to like the new aesthetic changes as long as the core gameplay isn't radically dumbed down. It certainly looks a lot bloodier.

I'll give judgment when the demo is released. Looking forward to playing it, but it does look quite different than DA:O

Morrigan mom still got the body of a mid 20 years old female. lol she look much more older in DAO 1

I agree. I wonder why, lol. I just hope the gameplay doesn't turn me off once I get my hands on it,

The PC audience - no matter how many more copies of a game it buys than the console crowd - just isn't a priority anymore. Dragon Age 2's aesthetics have clearly been designed from the ground up to appeal more to console-only players since DA:O didn't make the huge splash on consoles that it did on PC.

This will be forgiveable if the gameplay is still of the same quality, but it is annoying to say the least that yet again the PC version of a game is changed drastically to accommodate consoles and the short-attention-span gamers that play there.

Morrigan mom still got the body of a mid 20 years old female. lol she look much more older in DAO 1

Someone didn't do the side quest with Morrigan and her mom in DA: O. Don't know for sure but I have a good guess why she's younger looking.

The Xbox 360 demo is already out if anyone is interested. The PC demo should be available in a few hours.

The PC audience - no matter how many more copies of a game it buys than the console crowd - just isn't a priority anymore.

Period. This is the message that people need to get ingrained in their minds with very few exceptions these days.

It'll save people a bunch of needless angst and complaining. It sucks. I don't like it, but that's the way it is and I don't know how to change it.

Period. This is the message that people need to get ingrained in their minds with very few exceptions these days.

It'll save people a bunch of needless angst and complaining. It sucks. I don't like it, but that's the way it is and I don't know how to change it.

Just give it a few years, when the DLC craze dies down. That is the reason. They know DLC is a hard sell to the PC gaming community, but incredibly easy on the console side.

Dragon Age 2's aesthetics have clearly been designed from the ground up to appeal more to console-only players since DA:O didn't make the huge splash on consoles that it did on PC.
Seems a little backwards, doesn't it? Something is an enormous success on one platform, so you change the formula to perform more poorly on that platform in order to appeal to users of the other platform(s).

We shall find out in a few hours how good or how bollocks the game is.

I'm hedging towards bollocks from what I have seen so far.

Huge fan of the original and toys and tantrums will ensue if bollocks.

I hope it isn't bollocks. Bollocks isn't good.

Delays on the PC, that would be bollocks

Will it surprise anyone if it happens, though? That's the sad part. I've all but come to a point where I expect the likes of that to happen.

I loved DA:O so much, I bought it day one and got the collectors edition and everything, but from what I have seen so far... I am going to have to skip this one, especially at 59$.

My advice to everyone is to support a real pc game, The Witcher 2. Pre-order on steam for only 45$!! Dx 11 as well

I pre-ordered Dragon Age 2 from Best Buy in November while it was still at $49.99. Sure, I may have to wait a week to get it, but its better then paying an extra $10 dollars. Still, need to re-run through Origins and Awakening before I play Dragon Age 2 anyway. Forgot to keep my save games when I did a complete reinstall on my systems in December.

Well, the demo's up now, but the server is pretty much overloaded (which is isn't surprising). I'm downloading the Shogun 2 demo in the meantime.

Why don't they offer torrents for these things I wonder? If they need to keep track of the downloads they just need to host the tracker and that way it is less likely for a torrent to show up that they can't track.

Once some more people get this - someone please let us know if the fonts are larger/more readable.
My only real gripe with Dragon Age was the fact that I had to lower my res to 720p just to be able to read all of the text.

Once some more people get this - someone please let us know if the fonts are larger/more readable.
My only real gripe with Dragon Age was the fact that I had to lower my res to 720p just to be able to read all of the text.

Or you could've found the mod to increase the text size.

Back