Dragon Age Dreadwolf

The fact that they have nothing to show after working on the game for so long is incredibly troubling.

Well the original team is all but gone after the poor showing of ME:A, the existing team probably was heavily sacked after Anthem's failure, they apparently have something going into an Anthem relaunch (i am highly skeptical), and this is probably an attempt to drum up some interest in talent to actually bring a game to market.

Well the original team is all but gone after the poor showing of ME:A, the existing team probably was heavily sacked after Anthem's failure, they apparently have something going into an Anthem relaunch (i am highly skeptical), and this is probably an attempt to drum up some interest in talent to actually bring a game to market.

The Anthem relaunch team is like 30 people and I don't think it's even people from their primary studio.

A side note - I don't know if this was from a patch or whatever, but I recently went back to try Anthem and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the character animation / VO. The robot / mechsuit graphics were good also. The rest of the gameplay and mechanics ... meh. But it was pretty at least.

A side note - I don't know if this was from a patch or whatever, but I recently went back to try Anthem and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the character animation / VO. The robot / mechsuit graphics were good also. The rest of the gameplay and mechanics ... meh. But it was pretty at least.

I think it was always pretty, and it should have actually been simple to make a good game as the suit flying was fantastic, to me it really showed just how little of Bioware's talent is left.

Anthem looked good, although it'll bring a beastly system to its knees with some of those settings.
IMO, Anthem's concept could have made for a good game. I think they just spent too much time bickering/changing mechanics instead of making a fun game.
What's funny is that flight (easily the BEST part of the game) almost got nixed from Anthem. You think the game sucks now, imagine how awful it would have been without flying.

If they can give me something akin to DA3 I'll buy it. Anything but a return to DA2. Considering the way the industry is going, watch DA4 end up as another Soul'ish game.

Think it is about time that EA is going to bring bioware behind the barn and do what they have done to many other companies.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
BioWare has released 4 new short stories set in the Dragon Age universe...EA says the stories, written by members of the game's narrative team, will "help paint the picture for the future of Dragon Age, including some insight into the next reveal at The Game Awards"...check them out on the official Dragon Age website...

https://www.ea.com/games/dragon-age/dragon-age-day-2020

Think it is about time that EA is going to bring bioware behind the barn and do what they have done to many other companies.

They still have dragon age to complete first, then they can disperse. I better not have them go under before we get to tevinter though, I've been waiting too long.

If they can give me something akin to DA3 I'll buy it. Anything but a return to DA2. Considering the way the industry is going, watch DA4 end up as another Soul'ish game.
No to either. DA3 was nothing more then an MMO dressed up as a single player game, using a game engine that was clearly not suited for what the game wanted to do.
Executive producer for Dragon Age at Bioware has resigned, along with Biowares GM.
https://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect...n-and-mark-darrah-have-resigned-from-bioware/

Yeah, I'll hold off on this one.
The fact the game has been cooking for so long and the EP/GM have resigned (IE: Not fired with cause, but walked out) is generally the warning siren telling you to stay away.

RIP Bioware.

Attachments

• DA4.jpg
    DA4.jpg
    931.3 KB · Views: 0
How we got from DA:O to... these sequels will never make sense to me even though I understand they started off chasing a console audience.

I still haven't played more than the demo of DA2 or the first half hour of DA:I.

I am considering a playthrough of the first game and rolling into Awakenings as I never did play the expansion.

I played DA:O many times, every origin and both good/evil playthroughs, it was and is a masterpiece of a CRPG.

DA2... ugh, its a hack job trying to integrate concepts from the generally failed Jade Empire. Its biggest issues was the dramatic departure from Origins CRPG roots, pop in enemies and massively reused environments. IMHO it is not only a bad sequel, but a perfect example of bad game design on almost every level.

DAI was much better than 2, it still isn't a CRPG, more a tactical RPG with a dose of MMO style systems. It takes a while to pick up steam but out of all of Bioware's games it is the only one that I have ever felt had a properly visualized grand finale, the set piece is fantastic, it doesn't flop into a dialogue tree like ME3, there is a proper villain with good high level combat, it stands in stark contrast to their other titles.

At this point Bioware is just shell brand that happens to own some (formerly?) great franchises. Hopefully they'll relinquish more of them so we can finally get the sequels we actually want.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
maybe we'll see some actual gameplay footage next week during Geoff Keighley's annual Summer Game Fest

Maybe they are doing a Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon version of DA:O.

From a developmental standpoint, all the warning signs that this will be a pile of trash are there. I'm not optimistic, frankly.

Bioware and Netflix have teamed up for a new animated Dragon Age series...premiering December 2022...

Dragon Age: Absolution | Official Teaser | Netflix

Alleged photo and video leak:

I get nothing, is it gone already? Then it must have been real.
My heart stopped there for a moment at first glance I though the game has a 19 year old writer/director.

Back