draft-n Wireless card for desktop

kencheeto

2[H]4U
I'm building a mATX rig soon, and I'll need a wireless card for it (Running cable would be ridiculous in my situation.) I have the DIR-655 router from D-link, so I figure this would be an alright choice?

I'm willing to spend a couple extra bucks to really get maximum signal quality and stability, though I have no idea what works and what doesn't. Is anybody in a similar situation/have advice to render?

I have the card that's a step below that one and it has worked great for me. I really don't know too much about the realm of draft-N wireless cards but a friend of mine had (or still has, I can't remember) a D-Link card and said it was great. Plus, I got my card for a really good deal at Circuit City so I decided to bite. Signal strength is good even consider the wireless router is upstairs and on the other side of the house. I haven't noticed any lag or network spikes while playing games (and I play alot), even in games that are pretty network heavy, like BF2. Long story short, I imagine the DWA-552 is a solid choice considering how few problems I've had with the DWA-542.

Here's a link to the card I have. The people on Newegg complain about the drivers but I downloaded mine directly off of D-Link's website and I've never had any problems.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127213

Back