DP to HDMI 2.0 is here?

correct me if I am wrong, to get 4K@60hz 444, you would need DP1.2 on the video card side set to 4K@60hz 444 as well, right?

I'd believe it work when I see it. The device says it needs a DP ++ port, which is quite rare and sends a Hdmi signal over the cable. Something you wouldn't need an adapter for. I don't think this does what people think it does.

1.2 D++ only supports HDMI 1.4 right? So they couldnt advertise 2.0 if it was using that method.

Dont buy it, just found this post recently....

"I bought recently one 2MMDPHDMI (just google it and go to visionaudiovisual for the manufacturer's site as I can't post links) that clearly advertised HDMI 2.0 with active adapter. However with a 590 gtx and with a 7990 amd I am having no success at all. (well, with the nvidia I managed to force it to 60hz but the tv sees the input as 30hz as well).
Since it recently became available (middle feburary) and it specified HDMI 2 I had high hopes."

Strange ppl can not afford just GTX 960 card while buying PCs and 4K TVs.

Strange ppl can not afford just GTX 960 card while buying PCs and 4K TVs.

Maybe people are looking to extend their Macbook Pro to a 4K display? It's not just PC users/gamers that are in the market for large screen high res displays.

Maybe people are looking to extend their Macbook Pro to a 4K display? It's not just PC users/gamers that are in the market for large screen high res displays.

well, macbook isnt that hard, eGPU ;)

Back