Downloading

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
Hi can anyone tell me a good free program to download stuff like drivers.. also doesn;t windows 10 have it built in to automaticlly download and install stuff. when i go to like up date a driver and download it this driver one comes up then it wants me to sign up and pay a monthly fee!!

thanks

Hi can anyone tell me a good free program to download stuff like drivers.. also doesn;t windows 10 have it built in to automaticlly download and install stuff. when i go to like up date a driver and download it this driver one comes up then it wants me to sign up and pay a monthly fee!!

thanks
Firefox. You probably have already installed one of the malwares which promise to keep your WIndows up to date. Only thing they do is install malicious programs on your computer.

know one needs a program to dl drivers.....ever. win will dl most drivers but most of us go to manufactures websites to get newest versions (in most cases) As Boonie said it sounds like your pc is infected

not sure where you guys are getting "infections" from. he installed a "driver manager" util and it wants money to continue installing. he should remove it and manually d/l the drivers like yous suggested.

thanks guys ok so i deleted the program that wanted money, so going throu the list no firefox, i have a program drivernavigator 3.6.9. anyone know what this is? oh just checked that is the program driver navigator it wont let me uninstall it keeps saying its in use i restarted the comp and went straight to it still cant remover it.. sorry guys for the dumb questions i am not to good at the software part of this!!

thanks guys ok so i deleted the program that wanted money, so going throu the list no firefox, i have a program drivernavigator 3.6.9. anyone know what this is? oh just checked that is the program driver navigator it wont let me uninstall it keeps saying its in use i restarted the comp and went straight to it still cant remover it.. sorry guys for the dumb questions i am not to good at the software part of this!!
Lol don't you get it already? Windows installs all the drivers you need generally automatically and for the rare exception (sound, graphics) you use the web browser to download them directly from the manufacturer. No 'driver navigators' or 'trojan downloaders' needed.

not sure where you guys are getting "infections" from. he installed a "driver manager" util and it wants money to continue installing. he should remove it and manually d/l the drivers like yous suggested.
oh ok my bad.....if a program wont let you uninstall it....i mostly figure infection lol.....their are some exceptions to this im sure but usually?

Lol don't you get it already? Windows installs all the drivers you need generally automatically and for the rare exception (sound, graphics) you use the web browser to download them directly from the manufacturer. No 'driver navigators' or 'trojan downloaders' needed.
Right, Thats what i want but how do i get it back to default for microsoft doing it?

Ok so just went to the programs web site for the driver up date so i click on it and either way weather i open direct to dowload or save it first whats happening is as i go to install the driver one program pops up and says driver one will be installed before the driver update !!! so is there a way to block this driver one from everytime i try to download something from the net that this program wants to install itself first????

thanks guys u are being really helpfull really!!!

Ok so just went to the programs web site for the driver up date so i click on it and either way weather i open direct to dowload or save it first whats happening is as i go to install the driver one program pops up and says driver one will be installed before the driver update !!! so is there a way to block this driver one from everytime i try to download something from the net that this program wants to install itself first????

thanks guys u are being really helpfull really!!!
I would Google How to Safely Remove "what you have" from Win 10. This usually has results 99% of the time. Sounds like nasty malware/trogan to me if it doesnt want to let you Uninstall it

ok so i did the safe mode this and that i think its gone but is it normal the name will still appear in the list of programs under windows uninstall program manager cause if u try to uninstall it, it says can not find this program. So does that mean its gone?

Look up the method to remove it from the registry section that makes it show up in add remove.
Also look for related services that might go with it, you can remove those from the registry to, or wh sc delete command.
If it's a new install, might be easier to start over
Install windows
Go to your manufacturers site to download chips etc, video, lan. Audio, usb drivers, install those.
Do windows update

ok so i did the safe mode this and that i think its gone but is it normal the name will still appear in the list of programs under windows uninstall program manager cause if u try to uninstall it, it says can not find this program. So does that mean its gone?
revouninstaller i think has a function to fix stuff like this......if win is newish just start over would be quicker

i got one more thing not sure if its related i keep getting a pop up message that says microsoft edge isnt responding because an existing instance is running with elevated privileges. would u like to restart the existing instance with normal privileges?
i have tried hitting yes and all my sites close but i go back on and the message comes up again.
if i hit no my pages stay open and the pop up message goes away but comes back,

oh ok my bad.....if a program wont let you uninstall it....i mostly figure infection lol.....their are some exceptions to this im sure but usually?
that wasnt mentioned when i posted...
its probably still runnin in the background. hell need to end its task and then uninstall. seems he got it.

i got one more thing not sure if its related i keep getting a pop up message that says microsoft edge isnt responding because an existing instance is running with elevated privileges. would u like to restart the existing instance with normal privileges?
i have tried hitting yes and all my sites close but i go back on and the message comes up again.
if i hit no my pages stay open and the pop up message goes away but comes back,
look in taskmanager* and end all instances of edge.
*press ctrl+shift+esc

"Safe" (in addition to manufacturer released) driver updates used to be available in Windows 10 via Microsoft's Windows Update, I used to see them in the 'optional updates' section.
I can't see them anymore - is it just me?

Only way to be sure is to format C: and reinstall windows from a verified image (MS installer tool).

Posts like this remind me why tech support still exists.

Never, EVER download an "all-in-one" driver manager / installer. Windows has taken care of 99% of that since Windows Vista / 7.

Back