Downloading Vista Business as I type....

gman

[H]ard|Gawd
the final version also. I teach at a comm. college and they already have it in the MSDN site. I'm sure some of you out there already have it too. Any thoughts on the Business edition?

I'm waiting on my copy of VisBus to arrive from the PowerTogether offer. So, I installed a copy to play with until it arrives. So far, it's pretty cool. It hides a lot of crap, like XPHome did, so I'm still learning where simple things are - like how you link a Passport/LiveID to an account. But, on the whole, I'd say it's good enoughTM. Only things I've found not to work are XstreamXM (have to use WMP, no big) and TweakUI (tried for the hell of it - hope they drop a Vista version soon).

All-in-all, I'll just use my free VisBus and not worry about the other versions. :)

-bZj

Yea, I had the RC2 version dual boot for a week, but I could not for the life of me get anything to work. At that time there was no 8800 driver and alot of the NEW software I have didn't want to install. So, I just wiped it and went by to XP Pro. Now that I have the final I'm thinking of do a dual boot again to see how things are going with the final. I know an 8800 driver is now out, so at least that's one thing. I also teach an Office class and we cover the OS in the first 2 chaps. so I need to know how things are diff from XP. I also just installed Office 2007 Enterprise with NO key. It's legal don't worry. It's also from my school. :D

Ive been running Vista Business from the MSDNAA program for a few days now.

It's been a champ. The only gripe I have is that nVidia has been completely sucking ass about drivers and my whole system crawls because the chipset drivers that ship with Vista are very flawed and AGP acceleration is completely broken. I have zero graphics acceleration and it is unclear if nVidia even plans to release an updated driver. They claim they dont. :mad:

I've been running it on a Dell 9150 for a couple days now.
Works well, but did have a couple minor issues.
1. Couldn't complete the install without going into the BIOS and setting up the HDD for ATA mode instead of the default. Probably should have upgraded the BIOS prior to install (dell had a release a couple weeks ago).
2. Shutdown is really a hibernate. Consumes 12 watts in hibernate mode. Yes, I checked the settings and it is configured for shutdown. Maybe I'll try that BIOS update. If I had 100's of computers in a business, I'd be concerned.
3. Seems no games included in the business edition.

My ATI600 works really well in vista. Obviously could use an upgrade though.

Hardware that dosn't work in vista.
1. HP 7660 printer. (I'm not going to install the XP drivers, will wait for official HP support)
2. Adaptec Video-oh USB-NTSC tuner. No Vista Support,
3. Netgear SC101. No Vista Support, XP drivers will not install

-RJ.

I've only played UT2k4, but both the new 8800 drivers, and the latest official drivers worked fine.

Other things that have worked: Lexmark 2470, WinAmp, YahooPOPs, CPU-Z, CoolDrive6, AdAware, Spybot, AVG, Nero, Intel TAT, Java 6. Built in HD audio drivers work fine, too.

Turned off User Acct Control, b/c asking to verify every... single... time... I wanted to install or run something was just horrendous. SideBar is kind of cool - some cool apps out there for it. Oh, and my e-penis is only a 4.7, due to my 6600GT, but it'll suffice until I jump to a DX10 card later in the year.

-bZj

use it at work myself... x64 even.... that's just how awesome I am :D works great

x64 : check for drivers, check software, install, live happier

I may regret this, but what's an 'e-penis'?

I think he's referring to the joke of a "benchmark" that Vista uses to index your computer's "gaming performance score". In other words, a "fake d**k" :p .

Back