Download Windows 10

I grabbed Windows 10 Pro N and installed it and I am rather impressed. I did have some harsh things to say but that was when I installed it over Windows 7. The performance was terrible and things were wonky.

I highly recommend doing as fresh install. The performance is night and day and things are super fast. Windows Edge is blazing fast.

I will say you need to be patient while updates are being made. You will have to reboot a handful of times. Windows is again wonky and slow until you let this happen.

This link helped. Getting three out of six systems updated now. Super hopeful the Venue 8 Pro goes without too much of a hitch.

If I download the iso and do a clean install will my windows 8.1 technet key be valid to get windows 10 working?

If I download the iso and do a clean install will my windows 8.1 technet key be valid to get windows 10 working?
You have to go through the 8.1->10 upgrade process 1 time on the machine you want to clean install on. When that is done you can wipe the drive and do a clean install.

Can someone toss a pro x64 iso link up by any chance? The tool is being stupid and it will not save the iso when I tell it to download. This is the second time so far.

What's the 'N' version?

That came about because of a long ago lawsuit by the well-intentioned but misguided British in the way of anti-trust because they thought the bundling of WMP was monopolistic. Since then, I believe even XP had an N version that does not include WMP. Unfortunately a lot of third party software relies on WMP libraries so this causes problems. Unless you specifically need WMP, don't bother with N.

Back