Download Red Alert for free

This is a classic. Anyone that hasn't played it should download it right away. Plus, it's a great game to throw on an older/weaker laptop

Alot of big name actors in that RA3 Trailor, they going to have a movie also?

It doesn't work in Vista 64? You've got to be crapping me.

I am pretty sure I have used it on vista x64 before and it worked fine, the worst you could find out after you downloaded it would be that it didn't work, so why not try?

I am pretty sure I have used it on vista x64 before and it worked fine, the worst you could find out after you downloaded it would be that it didn't work, so why not try?

Uh I did download it and when I clicked on install it says it isn't 64 bit compatible.

I'm pretty sure you can use compatibility mode and whatnot. Downloading.

Try going to the properties on the .exe files and change them to run in compatibility mode with XP SP2. I haven't tried it, but it has worked on other games for me in the past.

Mine gives a warning that it is only compatible with Windows 95 and not Windows NT 5.1 (XP 32).
The installer quits after pressing OK.
lol.

Edit
Ran it again and it now opens a DOS window saying the installer cannot find setup.mix
Fun so far

Edit2
If the install fails, you need to kill old installation processes and wowexec before restarting.

This worked for me (as stated above already)
Go into Windows Explorer and "explore" the CD
Right click on "autorun.exe" and click "properties"
Select the compatibility tab and select Windows 95. Tick the box

TESLA COILS! Not as impossibly painfully hard as the original C&C (what was the C&C expansion called? Damn that shit was HARD).

I remember loading my original Red Alert but the graphics are pretty damn bad nowadays. I'd rather play my company of heros game.

Aww too bad the trailer didn't show Tanya. Wonder who plays her role.

"Ha! ha! ha!" *pop*pop*pop!

They have some good actors in there and then they have Jenny McCarthy? How is she even popular (along with Carmen Electra and all the other "C" movie actresses)? Their Playboy days are over - they have nothing to contribute otherwise. That being said, I'm downloading Read Alert now.

This worked for me (as stated above already)
Go into Windows Explorer and "explore" the CD
Right click on "autorun.exe" and click "properties"
Select the compatibility tab and select Windows 95. Tick the box

Doesnt work for me :( Poop.

C&C RA was a fun game, might as well download it all myold CDs are scratched up.

The trailer was cool, actors(resses) were fun to watch & had the cool sounding metal music. Didn't see much for gameplay/gfx, hopefully it does well! :)

RA 3 is in public beta right now so if you guys are interested you could ask around if anyones still got a CD.

Well i fixed my issue. Installed in in my XP Virtual Machine. Works now :)

Back