Download NVIDIA's FaceWorks Demo

HardOCP News

[H] News
Those of you that want to play around with NVIDIA's FaceWorks demo can now download the app directly from the company HERE. The package weighs in at just under 309MB, so grab it if you want it.

Well, it probably WOULD work on AMD hardware, in fact judging by how AMD hardware is much more powerful than Nvidia's tech in terms of compute, it would probably run it well. However, I don't think Nvidia wants anyone to know that. Thus, it's locked to Nvidia hardware.

Well, it probably WOULD work on AMD hardware, in fact judging by how AMD hardware is much more powerful than Nvidia's tech in terms of compute, it would probably run it well. However, I don't think Nvidia wants anyone to know that. Thus, it's locked to Nvidia hardware.
I had no idea that differences of 5fps made AMD's hardware "much more powerful".

I guess at least they have something good, since their CPUs are absolute garbage these days.

Tell that to AMD, when they lock out Nvidia hardware from running their latest tech demos.

This is nothing new. Stop being a fanboy crying because you don't have access to 309MB of uselessness.

Though it is neat to look at for a bit, it IS 309MB of uselessness.

I'm sure someone will get it working on AMD video cards, and on that day, I'll download it.

It's just something free to play around with. It's a DX11 demo and uses CUDA, which may be where it stumbles on AMD GPUs. Even if it did run on AMD GPUs, it's almost certainly turned for performance on Nvidia GPUs and may run very poorly on other GPUs.

Tell that to AMD, when they lock out Nvidia hardware from running their latest tech demos.

This is nothing new. Stop being a fanboy crying because you don't have access to 309MB of uselessness.

Whoa whoa! I'm pretty sure I can find tons of AMD/ATI tech demos that work fine on Nvidia cards without mods, but my point was more that Nvidia's compute power is nowhere near AMD's, thus it's not wise of them to try to emphasize those aspects of their cards.

And I own a 580.

Back