Download: AMD Motherboard Chipset Driver v2.04.28.626

erek

[H]F Junkie
Opinion? Decent?

"AMD today issues a fresh batch of drivers for their range of motherboard chipsets. This release has some new installer notifications (should anything go belly up), a GPIO driver issue was fixed as well as some other changes. You can grab the driver from our download page."

Download

Release Highlights
  • Installer displays more descriptive messages in case of errors and installation failures
Fixed Issues
  • Driver uninstall fails if the Windows user accounts for install and uninstall are different
  • Resolved condition where GPIO driver may not upgrade from previous chipset driver version
Known Issues
  • Installer may fail to launch if executed from a folder name with non-Latin language
    • Workaround: Execute the installer from C:\AMD
  • Manual system restart required for Windows® systems configured with Non-English OS Pack
  • Windows Installer pop-up message may appear during install
  • Moving installer window during install process may cause installer window to flicker/move around the screen
  • Cannot open installation log file after completion.
  • Installer may not downgrade to older version
    • Workaround: Manually uninstall latest package from control panel and then install older package

What are these drivers supposed to do different than last set? More stability? Where?

I have an X570 and a 3400G, I use the integrated graphics. I get confused on what I need to install so I just use whatever Windows Update is throwing in there.

I have an X570 and a 3400G, I use the integrated graphics. I get confused on what I need to install so I just use whatever Windows Update is throwing in there.
download these and the proper driver for your apu. how can you be confused, youve been here sine 04?!

Installed yesterday, zero issues.

Uninstalled previous chipset driver, reboot, installed these, reboot, done.

It did change my monitor sleep timers back to default but that's it.

Reactions: erek
like this
This is failing on my 2600X/X470 system. Never had any chipset drivers fail to install before... AMD has work to do.

This is failing on my 2600X/X470 system. Never had any chipset drivers fail to install before... AMD has work to do.
I've had that issue in the past .. just manually uninstall from add/remove and then you'll be able to install the new ones .. Why? ..dono ..

Installed yesterday, zero issues.

Uninstalled previous chipset driver, reboot, installed these, reboot, done.

It did change my monitor sleep timers back to default but that's it.

Username does not check out.

Got them directly from AMD but getting invalid signature warning when trying to install on my x470 board...

I’ve had really bad luck with chipset drivers on my x470 system. The last three have given me problems. With this one I couldn’t get any game to run without crashing within two minutes. So I uninstalled everything amd in the control panel and reinstalled them all one at a time. It’s been fine since. I think there’s ghosts in the x470 system. My b450 never seems to have these chipset problems. But, I don’t game on the b450, it’s just a pc for doing work.

I’ve had really bad luck with chipset drivers on my x470 system. The last three have given me problems. With this one I couldn’t get any game to run without crashing within two minutes. So I uninstalled everything amd in the control panel and reinstalled them all one at a time. It’s been fine since. I think there’s ghosts in the x470 system. My b450 never seems to have these chipset problems. But, I don’t game on the b450, it’s just a pc for doing work.
I don't own AMD right not but I have seen several people here say something similar. It seems uninstalling old and installing new ones is a better option than installing over the existing ones.

But so many of the fixes lately have been related to installation rather than performance, I always wonder if there is a point in updating once they are installed and working fine.

re-download them. uninstall the old, reboot, install new.
Did that. Got the warning. Aborted, uninstalled and rebooted. Redownloaded and tried again. Same. 2 hours later I tried again, another redownload from AMD and still same result:

invalid.PNG

They worked for me no issue.

I would be very careful installing these if they are popping the unsigned message. You might be getting man in the middled and installing something dirty. These drivers do not show that message.

They worked for me no issue.

I would be very careful installing these if they are popping the unsigned message. You might be getting man in the middled and installing something dirty. These drivers do not show that message.

I concur--I just downloaded & ran them and got the "verified publisher" prompt.

Intel User: We need to update chipset drivers? :ROFLMAO:

I don't even have any. I remember when reinstalling windows, my 'drivers' DVD had chipset driver and I never even installed it. Works fine, benchmarks all post normal results.

What are chipset drivers for?!(intel user here. Go amd!!)

i can't comment on intel's, i haven't run an intel system since the p2 300 MMX but with AMD at least on ryzen it usually has updated power management profiles, and core scheduler updates built into them. typically microsoft implements those same changes into their own windows major updates later on. there's other smaller stuff within them for IO that's connected through the chipset but nothing drastic.. windows default drivers are usually a few versions behind but will work as well unless a newer version from amd has a very specific fix that the windows drivers doesn't have.

you should almost never install the drivers that come on the disc's unless you have no internet access or don't plan on having internet access.

intel has chipset drivers too, the INF installer or whatever they call it. does the same things as AMDs.

I don't know what's going on with mine but I've settled on the January 2020 drivers which installed without incident

My B450 and 3900x are properly entering and leaving sleep states now so that’s a bonus. But make sure your install source is not one that goes through the chipset but is directly to the CPU otherwise you are gonna have a bad time.

intel has chipset drivers too, the INF installer or whatever they call it. does the same things as AMDs.

I don't know what all AMD chipset drivers do, but Intel ones don't really do anything but give you a name. A lot of the devices don't have a driver file or use the generic one as part of Windows. AMD's drivers actually have their own driver files instead.

The Intel Chipset Device Software installs the Windows* INF files. An INF is a text file that provides the operating system with information about a piece of hardware on the system. In the case of the current Intel Chipset Device Software, that information is primarily the product name for the piece of hardware. This allows the operating system to show the correct name for that piece of hardware in Device Manager.

I don't know what all AMD chipset drivers do, but Intel ones don't really do anything but give you a name. A lot of the devices don't have a driver file or use the generic one as part of Windows. AMD's drivers actually have their own driver files instead.
huh. they used to have actual drivers in it...

Back