Downgrade Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 Home

JoK

Weaksauce
Hi all,

Does anyone know a reliable way to downgrade Win 7 Ultimate to Home?

I want to install Win 10 Home but Ultimate upgrades only to Win 10 Pro.

I have tried a couple of hacks I found on the web (registry changes and Win10 downgrader) but when I run the setup to fix the installation, it still recognises Win7 as Ultimate.

The next solution is a clean Win 7 installation but I wanted to avoid reinstalling all the apps.

Thanks

He wants less features? o_O

Most of those features are disabled by-default (and you typically have to dig through a setting menu and install missing pieces of windows. then restart in order to use them)

I'd say about the only feature that seems way too easy to enable (AND could actually break your data) is Bitlocker

Last edited:
get and feed it a w7 home key and then upgrade to 10 or start fresh and feed w10 setup the w7 home key.

I don't think Windows 7 supports changing versions by inputting new product keys.

I want to downgrade because I do not need Win 10 pro for my home PC as it costs 250EUR. Home version is much cheaper

upgrading to 10pro for free should still work using the media creation tool or you can use the 7ult key during a new 10 setup and it will install 10pro, for free. no need to spend anything.

upgrading to 10pro for free should still work using the media creation tool or you can use the 7ult key during a new 10 setup and it will install 10pro, for free. no need to spend anything.
I see. I will try this then

You may even be able to do a clean install with Windows 10 and drop in the Windows 7 Ultimate key to activate.

Back