Why would this matter? Whether you own a Switch by itself or own another console too, Nintendo is still making money.
Obviously, when calculating their revenue they have to subtract half of any sale to a household that also owned a different current gen console.

I always wanted to play a game as Bowser, kinda like what happened in Mario RPG but it'd be fun to defeat mario and all the other "good" characters

this at least partially fulfills that fantasy...

Reggie is leaving before Nintendo has a major restructuring. I see them going 3rd party in the next 5 years. I myself would like to see mario games on steam since i left Nintendo during the Wii U days.

Honestly, They should stick with a complete shift to the Switch for their main platform, its perfect and hits both markets console(less so) + mobile console(where they are kings), any actual console releases they can pull a Sega and just distribute games on the other 2 consoles with 3rd party developers so their main studio can focus on Switch games.

Obviously, when calculating their revenue they have to subtract half of any sale to a household that also owned a different current gen console.

Yeah but do keep in mind all the money they leave on the table, which is piss poor business wise, They need new management willing to exploit and give fans what they want, Its just like the Retro N64 mini console, people want it and with the success of the past 2 it shouldn't even be a round table decision. They also need to make more decisions based on consumer comfort, there was zero reason why they couldn't sell the NES/SNES classic without Wifi and create a digital store where people could have bought other classic NES games or let other publishers/studios release their games on it as well to allow a better sales environment. They are always the first and foremost company crapping on emulation and ROMs, but they don't really have a reasonable option for sales other than the few they grace players with on virtual consoles and now they don't even want to do that...……………….

Reggie is leaving before Nintendo has a major restructuring. I see them going 3rd party in the next 5 years. I myself would like to see mario games on steam since i left Nintendo during the Wii U days.
Going 3 party in 5 years and will lose their way in 10.
I hope they NEVER go for 3rd party only, that would be a sad miserable day.
All those 'clamoring' for getting Nintendo games on their computer or other console are full of it. They might buy one or two games at the beginning, then nothing.
Besides having a 'platform' makes them money from other third parties.
Why do some always want Nintendo to be the one to bow out of the console business, when they are UNQUESTIONABLY the most successful and longest lasting console/games company of all... that that is a graveyard that is a fairly good size by now, including what was some gigantic massive players in the field.
Sony was just about to REALLY bite the dust, 5 seconds ago, much more that Nintendo ever was with their 'failed' Wii U.
I CAN see them creating an entire front end/streaming closed service AND selling hardware for it, as well as selling/allowing access from other devices, perhaps even cellphones in which you would play games that are suitable for it.
If anyone can understand better how we interact with games is Nintendo, they have proven this.
I can seem them producing a service be it streaming (most likely) or download and go that would offer games, but only some would be playable depending on the platform you are using/ accessing from.. in this manner you don't down-grade the experience or feel forced to do so as a game producer, but allow for you to play be game the way it was meant to be, for the device the game maker is targeting.

Looks nothing like Bowser......

View attachment 143545
CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.jpg
gkizw.jpg

I always wanted to play a game as Bowser, kinda like what happened in Mario RPG but it'd be fun to defeat mario and all the other "good" characters

this at least partially fulfills that fantasy...

Mario Party 10 on the Wii U allows you to play as bowser against all the "good" guys. The "Bowser Party" game mode has you try to catch the other players and beat them up in mini-games before they get to the end. Bowser is played from the Wii U gamepad, and everyone else plays on the TV. Very cool idea and imho it is done very well.

Also, Mario Maker would be like a dungeon builder for Bowser to try to stop Mario.

Reactions: Youn
like this
Yeah but do keep in mind all the money they leave on the table, which is piss poor business wise,

Nintendo has some of the best IP's ever created and even though this generations sales are good they could have always dominated the gaming industry if they didn't alienate customers by locking their IP's behind their hardware.

Yeah but do keep in mind all the money they leave on the table, which is piss poor business wise, They need new management willing to exploit and give fans what they want, Its just like the Retro N64 mini console, people want it and with the success of the past 2 it shouldn't even be a round table decision. They also need to make more decisions based on consumer comfort, there was zero reason why they couldn't sell the NES/SNES classic without Wifi and create a digital store where people could have bought other classic NES games or let other publishers/studios release their games on it as well to allow a better sales environment. They are always the first and foremost company crapping on emulation and ROMs, but they don't really have a reasonable option for sales other than the few they grace players with on virtual consoles and now they don't even want to do that...……………….

Quite frankly, I'm glad they're leaving money on the table and not following in the footsteps of shitstains like Activision. Nintendo's decisions are often head-scratchingly weird, but I'll take that over what the rest of the AAA space of the industry is doing these days. Nin has a lot of stuff they need to work on and they probably need some people at the top that understands the modern gaming landscape a bit better (especially with things like online) but I'd hate to see them turn into just another AAA publisher.

Does the head of Nintendo of America get to actually do anything? I'm guessing after they saw what happened when Sega of America did independent things (32x), the answer is not really.

I do feel like putting Bowser in this position is like when Bowser joins the party in Super Mario rpg. What evil stole Bowser's keep, hmmm?

It's purely a marketing and logistics role. It's less CEO and more BUY MY PRODUCTS THEY ARE GREAT

I have to wonder now that there is a change from Reggie, is there going to be a Nintendo 64 Classic?

It's purely a marketing and logistics role. It's less CEO and more BUY MY PRODUCTS THEY ARE GREAT
Yep that's about it, and bringing corporate culture together to the extent possible. Actually I think its a neat job, I imagine overall the pace is not horrible (maybe for some periods, launch time things like that.

Back