cageymaru

Fully [H]
Current President of Nintendo of America and 15 year veteran of the company, Reggie Fils-Aime, has announced his retirement on April 15th. In his place, current Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Doug Bowser will succeed Reggie as President of Nintendo of America. Shuntaro Furukawa, President of Nintendo Co., Ltd. praised Reggie Fils-Aime for his business leadership during his tenure. "I really appreciate everything Reggie has done for Nintendo," said Shuntaro Furukawa, President of Nintendo Co., Ltd. "Inside and outside our company, Reggie is known as an exceptional leader. We are grateful that he is leaving the business in good shape with strong momentum." Reggie Fils-Aime left a video message to Nintendo fans on Twitter.

"Nintendo owns a part of my heart forever," Fils-Aime said. "It's a part that is filled with gratitude - for the incredibly talented people I've worked with, for the opportunity to represent such a wonderful brand, and most of all, to feel like a member of the world's most positive and enduring gamer community. As I look forward to departing in both good health and good humor, this is not 'game over' for me, but instead 'leveling up' to more time with my wife, family and friends."

Lol. His name is actually Bowser? :p

hqdefault.jpg

Lol. His name is actually Bowser? :p

View attachment 143507

This pic caused an unrelenting feeling to fire up my old NES with Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt combo cartridge which was included when it was bought :) I remember getting pretty good at it, never started speedrunning but I remember finishing it 7 times in a row during the time we visited some relatives for lack of other things to do there, game kept changing everytime you finished it and continued to become more harder changing enemies and making them faster.

I had the exact same laugh, myself.

Nintendo is either going to be in great hands... or very very evil hands... lol

If Nintendo has two maintenance guys who are brothers and named Mario and Luigi (I don't care i their last name is Mario or not)... I seriously can die happy! Even if they had brothers named thusly working anywhere in the company I suppose I'd be content :p

This pic caused an unrelenting feeling to fire up my old NES with Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt combo cartridge which was included when it was bought :) I remember getting pretty good at it, never started speedrunning but I remember finishing it 7 times in a row during the time we visited some relatives for lack of other things to do there....

Sadly, I can't.

I grew up in Europe so my NES is a PAL version. I was never going to be able to use it here. I'm not even sure if it ever made it across the Atlantic. I can't remember.

At least I still have emulators.

Bowser becomes president of Nintendo of America? Seriously?? Are we living in some dystopian fiction???

I never liked Reggie. He would always seem so nervous in interviews and keep repeating his canned lines when asked normal conversation questions. I Remeber him saying 'We're super excited" about 10 times in a minute during TVGA19 in place of normal human speak.

hey doug

i'm sure you remember the good old days when nintendo wasn't just a footnote in the console wars.

make nintendo great again.

Yay yay yay we get it Japan you see the US as an evil place ruled by evil, no need to be so subversively blunt with it.

Reggie is leaving before Nintendo has a major restructuring. I see them going 3rd party in the next 5 years. I myself would like to see mario games on steam since i left Nintendo during the Wii U days.

Someone clearly hasn’t been paying attention to Switch sales.
Even I bought a switch and it’s been N64 since the last time I owned a Nintendo console during its first party sales days.

Good console.

hey doug

i'm sure you remember the good old days when nintendo wasn't just a footnote in the console wars.

make nintendo great again.

In under two years of being on the market they're within reaching distance of Xbox One sales after being on the market for over five years. Maybe it isn't for you but the Switch is doing very well.

So you claim anecdotal evidence trumps real sales data?

I think that most people that own a switch have it for a secondary console. I think the numbers of people that own a Switch solely are marginally slim. Let me ask if your Switch is your sole source of video game entertainment?

I think that most people that own a switch have it for a secondary console. I think the numbers of people that own a Switch solely are marginally slim. Let me ask if your Switch is your sole source of video game entertainment?

Why would this matter? Whether you own a Switch by itself or own another console too, Nintendo is still making money.

I never liked Reggie. He would always seem so nervous in interviews and keep repeating his canned lines when asked normal conversation questions. I Remeber him saying 'We're super excited" about 10 times in a minute during TVGA19 in place of normal human speak.

Does the head of Nintendo of America get to actually do anything? I'm guessing after they saw what happened when Sega of America did independent things (32x), the answer is not really.

I do feel like putting Bowser in this position is like when Bowser joins the party in Super Mario rpg. What evil stole Bowser's keep, hmmm?

And now you're moving goal posts in a weak attempt to defend your position.

Does the head of Nintendo of America get to actually do anything? I'm guessing after they saw what happened when Sega of America did independent things (32x), the answer is not really.

I do feel like putting Bowser in this position is like when Bowser joins the party in Super Mario rpg. What evil stole Bowser's keep, hmmm?

NoA gets to decide what games to bring over, who localizes the games, NA release dates, they have control over North American marketing including things like Directs. Given the huge amount of respect Reggie seemed to have within Nintendo I'd imagine the head of NoA has a say in bigger decisions as well. They're not going to be allowed to run 100% independently, but it seems like they have a decent amount of autonomy. Nintendo Treehouse is also something NoA controls.

He actually looks more like a koopa turtle. Good luck with the new job.

If they make a sequel to super Mario RPG I’ll be the happiest 30 something boy in the world. K thx!

You're right. We own TWO, and have neither an Xbox or PS4 of any flavor.

I read somewhere that Bowser worked for EA for 8 years. Here's hoping he left because he hated EA as much as we do, and isn't planning to bring EA to Nintendo.

Back