double click to close windows

tim_m

i'm so nice
ok, you know in windows how you can double click the icon in the upper left of a window to close it, how do you make that happen in kde? when i double click it the menu just stays up there. i don't know what phrase to search for this. i looked through the window behavior control thing but i can't find it.

thanks

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but, I really think you can't do this. KDE is insanely configurable, but, I don't THINK it can do that. Then again, maybe if you really delve into the customization stuff you might find a way (perhaps it uses some scripting somewhere?) I don't think you'll find any way but to do this yourself though. Anyway, you may as well make a habit of clicking the X. That works in Windows as well, so it's still good universal behaviour.

your best bet is probably to put the X on the left side of the screen so that your mouse movement habits aren't all that different. but otherwise, it can't be done. so much of KDE is fully configurable, but kwin itself is rather limited (imo)

You can run KDE with a different window manager though, right?
Most X window managers can let you do anything you want with
clicking on various bits of windows.

xfwm4 (from xfce4), for instance, does this. Now where did I see that "using another window manager with KDE" howto?

Back