Dota 2 Reborn Beta Announced

HardOCP News

[H] News
Valve has announced Dota 2 Reborn. According to the blog post, an open beta will launch this week giving everyone the opportunity to experience all the technical improvements first hand.

Today we are announcing the Dota 2 Reborn Beta, which brings with it a new interface, new engine and Custom Games. Everything in the dashboard has been completely redesigned utilizing a new UI framework, and the engine that powers the game has been fully replaced. On today’s update page we will be giving you a preview of the new interface. Early next week we’ll be talking about Custom Games, and later that week we’ll conclude with various details about the new engine and launch the open beta.

One of the better jokes I've heard recently

HoN probably does have the best of the 3 engines, it feels the most polished and fluid.

It's hard to say though without actually looking at sourcecode and stuff though.

It's good they are continuing to improve it, but for me that doesn't address the problems I have. I just dislike how Dota plays in game. Pure personal opinion, I just like how league operates in game better.

^ . I was hoping HotS would change things up a bit, but the only thing they added was a cash item shop...LoL still is the big kid on the block.

you're right, they allow the option to purchase all champs with cash. Huge difference ..

Sounds like they're admitting that DOTA 2 wasn't as successful as they wanted it to be.

Sounds like they're admitting that DOTA 2 wasn't as successful as they wanted it to be.

It sounds like they're releasing a new engine, and putting their biggest moneymaking game on that new engine...

-an actual Dota 2 player

been waiting for them to do this for awhile now.

Dota 2 >League>Hon>Hots is my scale purely subjective of course.

Back