Dose it fit? (Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact + Noctua D15S or U12A)

Outbreaker

Limp Gawd
Hi,
I'm not sure if the Noctua D15 or any other air cooler will fit this mainboard.
Looks like this "SO-DIMM.2 Slot" for the NVMe's are destroying any Air cooling option.
Dose anyone tried this out with a good Air cooling option?

If you buy the am4 mounting kit from noctua, it comes with hardware for mounting in either direction, although I don't know if that's enough to help clear the dimm.2 slot. Just make sure you get the right one (there are a few different kits, which fit a few models each).

If you buy the am4 mounting kit from noctua, it comes with hardware for mounting in either direction, although I don't know if that's enough to help clear the dimm.2 slot. Just make sure you get the right one (there are a few different kits, which fit a few models each).
All new Noctua coolers have already the AM4 mounting kit included.

I read the thread title and I was "of course it will fi..." and then i looked at that picture. Absolutely stunning motherboard, but I would also be having serious concerns about that fitting A D15S or U14S even with the offset they have... I would think you would have a good shot at fitting a Noctua NH-U12A but I would measure twice! My other thoughts when looking at this motherboard is why would you buy something so beautifull to cover it with an ugly giant tower. This board says put me under water and show me to your friends!

I read the thread title and I was "of course it will fi..." and then i looked at that picture. Absolutely stunning motherboard, but I would also be having serious concerns about that fitting A D15S or U14S even with the offset they have... I would think you would have a good shot at fitting a Noctua NH-U12A but I would measure twice! My other thoughts when looking at this motherboard is why would you buy something so beautifull to cover it with an ugly giant tower. This board says put me under water and show me to your friends!
I'm not a fan of water cooling. Air cooling is simple and saver and quieter.

Looks like the D15S works with this board - https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Q99G3C

I couldn't find any builds using the same board coupled with the D15 or U12A.
Thanks. Very nice finding.
I have now bought the mainboard and the D15S. The D15 will not fit because it has no offset but the U12A and the U12A should fit because it is 0.55 CM shorter then the D15S at the offset side.

It is a beautiful motherboard and is really one designed with water cooling in mind! Shame that a lot of its beauty gets hidden once everything is installed, especially when you install the motherboard onto a RTX 3090. I didn’t mistype that. 😂

6CC768A8-B388-4918-861B-D2485B22369C.png

It is a beautiful motherboard and is really one designed with water cooling in mind! Shame that a lot of its beauty gets hidden once everything is installed, especially when you install the motherboard onto a RTX 3090. I didn’t mistype that. 😂

View attachment 306697
I like this mainboard because of it's functionaries, the look for me is only a little bonus. And this case has also more air cooling than water cooling. 🤣

I like this mainboard because of it's functionaries, the look for me is only a little bonus. And this case has also more air cooling than water cooling. 🤣
And you are only seeing half the case! The other half behind the motherboard contains the PSU, radiator, water pump and reservoir, and 5 more fans.

Not including fans built into the video card, motherboard, and power supply: I have 11 fans. If you count those too, it would be 16 fans.

Back