Doors Open to Intel Extreme Masters

HardOCP News

[H] News
The start of Season 10 IEM World Championship Finals opens its doors to over 100,000 fans this weekend. Intel and ESL have built a world class tournament for the best gamers in the world and will close the season in Katowice, Poland. Alongside anniversary celebrations, PC partners have released Limited Edition IEM PCs and the expo will also feature new initiatives like AnyKey Organization, to create fair and inclusive spaces in eSports for women and other underrepresented gamers. Record number of fans from all over the world will be able to watch the action live from the Intel Extreme Masters site all weekend.

Women and underrepresented gamers? Aside from the general sexist nature of younger nerd boys that haven't grabbed their first boobie yet, I thought competitive gaming was a place that it didn't matter what was or wasn't swinging between your legs or what skin color you were.
Another PR ploy for the PC weenies.

Am I the only one here who read the headline and immediately got a mental image of Tiger Woods sitting at a PC in golf attire fist pumping? Anyone? Just me?

Back