Doom3 refuses to play right with dual monitors :(

Visable-assassin

I <3 Hybrids
Just got it today...havent done single play yet just a little goofing around in multiplay with a friend. But anyways when I run dual view the game simply will not run right...and im talkin 5FPS pretty much constant this is at 800x600 and up.
However once I disable Nview the game plays silky smooth on my AXP-M 2.5ghz 1gig XMS3200 XL pro and BFG 5900nu modded with custom written BIOS.
But what gives with the dual view and severely low frames?
Is there another tweak for this other than turning Nview off?

Works fine for my roomate with a GeForce 4 Ti. (dual monitor)

and for me with a Geforce 3 and a Matrox PCI card.

==>Lazn

Same problem with the 6800 nvidia demos...something about new games and multi-monitors doesn't work so well as it used to...easy enough to turn the second one off though, especially if you have ultramon...

^eMpTy^ said:
Same problem with the 6800 nvidia demos...something about new games and multi-monitors doesn't work so well as it used to...easy enough to turn the second one off though, especially if you have ultramon...

yeah UT also gives me shit as well...I mean its like 3 mouse clicks to turn it off...but I do like having my second monitor to watch temps,ram usage and other items.

same problem here, kills performance if running dual display.

I've only noticed it in doom3. Didn't make a difference in thief:ds or fc.

I don't have any problems running it with both of my displays up...but I still disable the second monitor because it still provides a slight performance boost.

fugu said:
i turned off my 2nd screen when running it

I was doing the same till I did the control panel tweak listed above...no wit plays perfectly for me no loss in frames :)

Visable-assassin said:
I was doing the same till I did the control panel tweak listed above...no wit plays perfectly for me no loss in frames :)

wow, tom's was useful for something... ;) i'll check it out when i get home

Leright said:
hmm...I've never had such a problem.

are you running dual view on a Nvidia card? Or are you running an ATI card?
Or are you Spanning over two monitors?

CraftyOtter said:
Here's an article on how to fix this bug

Is there something similar to this fix for ATI cards? I was using a TI4200, and I used the fix above to fix my dual monitor issue with Doom 3. I just upgraded to a 9800 Pro and I have exactly the same problem when I leave my second monitor enabled. I can always disable it before I play, but I'd rather have a permanent fix like NVidia has.

fugu said:
wow, tom's was useful for something... ;) i'll check it out when i get home
I thought the same exact thing. WOW! Thanks THG.

MegaRouge said:
Is there something similar to this fix for ATI cards? I was using a TI4200, and I used the fix above to fix my dual monitor issue with Doom 3. I just upgraded to a 9800 Pro and I have exactly the same problem when I leave my second monitor enabled. I can always disable it before I play, but I'd rather have a permanent fix like NVidia has.

ATi multi-monitor support = abysmal.

^eMpTy^ said:
ATi multi-monitor support = abysmal.

My multi-monitor support is flawless. Got my 32inch tv hooked up and my 21inch monitor...man doom3 looks AWESOME on the 32inch TV...just like a movie......bah back to doom3.

DASHlT

DASHlT said:
My multi-monitor support is flawless. Got my 32inch tv hooked up and my 21inch monitor...man doom3 looks AWESOME on the 32inch TV...just like a movie......bah back to doom3.

DASHlT

try hooking up a third monitor...or a tv tuner...and see what happens...

^eMpTy^ said:
try hooking up a third monitor...or a tv tuner...and see what happens...

still works like a charm :) have a 17 inch monitor sittin right next to me....everything works fine...nothing wrong with ATI's Multi-monitor support....at least on my system, others may have problems.

DASHlT

Nice fix... wonder why it's set as default to the opposite, doubt you'd find much need for hardware acceleration on the 2nd display very often but I may be wrong.

Visable-assassin said:
are you running dual view on a Nvidia card? Or are you running an ATI card?
Or are you Spanning over two monitors?

I have an nvidia card but nview is disabled...maybe that's why...

I am not spanning.

DASHlT said:

DASHlT

:( I wanna get a TV in my comp room so I can play doom 3 on it. lol

Back