Doom3 on my 26.

Dogmapog

Gawd
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
I'm only playing it on 1600x1200 and high, but it still looks good, and the size creates terrific impact.....in fact, I tried playing D3 on my old 19in CRT, but gave it away 1/4 of the way thru.

The guns look fantastic compared to CRT and the game makes me nervous with all the darkness.
One thing though,Q4 is a much better engine/graphics than D3...I couldn't really tell on my CRT, but there's no doubt that Q4 has better graphics....I think it's the D3 engine, but they've done a good job with it.

The 26 seems perfect at my 900mm viewing distance......can't wait for my new 9800box, then I can Crysify myself,:D

Try those games on a 21" Sony GDM-F520 and I think your opinion might change. I just got one from Craigslist and it is without question the nicest CRT I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them.

Until now I thought the G520 was king but this one blows it away in every aspect. The main improvements being a tighter dot pitch, deeper richer colors and an absolutely SUPERB black level. Most CRT's have great blacks but nothing like this, I am truly astonished every time I watch a movie or play a dark game on this thing. No wonder it originally cost like $2000. :eek:

Needless to say I wouldn't trade this monitor for ANY LCD, no matter how big. :)

EDIT: Well ok I would trade it for one of those super expensive professional LCD's with the super high color gamut. And if i didn't like it I would sell it and buy a whole bunch of F520's. :D

Glad to hear your enjoying it! I have the exact same model, the 26.

Some peeps may nag you to spill the company and model number. Don't. It's the 26. If they want more info, they can look it up, that's what the internet is for.

Try those games on a 21" Sony GDM-F520 and I think your opinion might change.

Why would my opinion change?
My opinion is that despite how dark D3, my Acer handles it rather well, and as I've mentioned, I haven't even maxed the IQ.

I think I'd have a fit if I ran COD4 or one of the latest titles at 1920x1200.....but I'm not too far off, just waiting for the 9800's to come out:D

Glad to hear your enjoying it! I have the exact same model, the 26.

Some peeps may nag you to spill the company and model number. Don't. It's the 26. If they want more info, they can look it up, that's what the internet is for.

It's a little beauty.......and I've now got room to add a 32-37inch HDTV on my desk as well:eek:
Whilst I don't object to videophiles pointing out that LCD doesn't have the black levels that CRT might have, size, brightnes and sharpness more than make up for it.
I connected my 19in CRT the other day and it looked ridiculous, I couldn't believe I was able to tolerate it for as long as I did.

Uhh, playing 1600x1200 resolution on a native 1920x1200 screen has to look like crap. Not only are you upscaling, you are doing it in the wrong aspect ratio.

Uhh, playing 1600x1200 resolution on a native 1920x1200 screen has to look like crap. Not only are you upscaling, you are doing it in the wrong aspect ratio.

IOW, you don't own a 24-27?
Both D3 and Q4 look good, if I thought they sucked, I'd just WS hack them.

Err, what??

1600x1200 at 1:1 aspect ratio on a 1920x1200 LCD would look fine. Without 1:1 there would be stretching as well as further quality loss from not being at the monitor's native 1920x1200.

Doom 3 is probably the worst game you can play on an LCD due to the extremely dark nature of the game. If you can be happy with that, you'll be happy with any other dark game.

1600x1200 at 1:1 aspect ratio on a 1920x1200 LCD would look fine. Without 1:1 there would be stretching as well as further quality loss from not being at the monitor's native 1920x1200.

Doom 3 is probably the worst game you can play on an LCD due to the extremely dark nature of the game. If you can be happy with that, you'll be happy with any other dark game.

true

if your lcd could produce good black level detail it wouldnt be too bad but if it didnt, the black crush kills the experience.

try to play splinter cell too, now thats no picnic:(

Back