DOOM: Unto the Evil Is Out

DOOM has multiplayer? ;-)

I played it in alpha and it felt like Q3A. Currently playing SP and love it. very fun time waster. Kind of reminds me more of the game Painkiller.

People complain about it, but I've actually had quite a bit of fun with the MP. It's getting better and better too. I'm looking more forward to Quake Champions for multiplayer, but this is definitely fine in the meantime for the amount that I actually play it.

MP in doom is pretty awesome! I haven't played much (or any other games, unfortunately), but it was way better than the beta.

The multiplayer is good fun but with the current set of maps it gets boring for me quickly. There's like three maps? If there isn't, it certainly feels like it so three new additional ones are welcomed.

I also wish they didn't lump CTF into a playlist with a bunch of other game modes I don't care for.

Agreed. The way I see it, Doom never had complex multiplayer in the first place. Pretty much just deathmatch modes, with 4 players. (maybe 8 in Doom 3, can't remember) Still nothing elaborate. Doom 2016 just basically plays with some of the mechanics, adds some variety, etc. I don't really like the loadout system, but it doesn't impact play THAT much. It sounds like they'll be adding some more modes too, so we'll see how that shapes up. It could use more tuning for sure, but it's not bad at all really.

The multiplayer is good fun but with the current set of maps it gets boring for me quickly. There's like three maps? If there isn't, it certainly feels like it so three new additional ones are welcomed.

I also wish they didn't lump CTF into a playlist with a bunch of other game modes I don't care for.

I agree. More maps are DEFINITELY welcome, and separating out the modes, and adding more of them would go a long way for a lot of people I think. Hopefully the new server browser they said they were working on will help a bit.

Oh wow.....that new demon looks awesome.....how do I play as it???

I played it in alpha and it felt like Q3A. Currently playing SP and love it. very fun time waster. Kind of reminds me more of the game Painkiller.
lol

CS is more like Quake than this doom.

It's not CO-OP, so bleh. Quite honestly, DOOM is too difficult for me. There is not strategy. It's a rocket jumping game, run run run. Not for me. I'm an old fart. I like to lean around corners, snipe, pick and choose.

What GPU was running the demo? That was very smooth. I have a 970 in my system, Doom runs pretty good - but not as smooth as what they are showing.
Looks cool. I haven't tried MP yet.

What GPU was running the demo? That was very smooth. I have a 970 in my system, Doom runs pretty good - but not as smooth as what they are showing.
Looks cool. I haven't tried MP yet.

It's a youtube video so it's only running 60 FPS. It likely looks as smooth as it does since it's all third person and doesn't have the motion blur that the first person view has. Even the few first person bits look to have a reduced motion blur....I see what you're saying, it does look a bit smoother than I recall it being.

Last edited:
Back