DOOM PC Is On Sale

HardOCP News

[H] News
Amazon has DOOM on sale for $39.99 with free Prime shipping. I have no idea how long this sale will last but, if you've been waiting to pull the trigger on this one, now is the time to do it. Once you get your copy of the game, you can weigh in with your thoughts an impressions in this forum thread.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
DOOM STEAM CD-KEY GLOBAL - G2A - Global Digital Gaming Marketplace

$34.44 steam key

just sayin

No thanks.

As pointed out, a quick Google search tells you that is a BAD idea to order from that link and I wouldn't recommend anyone else do it either.

Anyhow, the original deal gives you an actual physical copy of the game, something a lot of people still like to have.

Is the campaign worth it? I'm not much into multi really - just doesn't float my boat. I'm thinking $40 is too much for the game right now for just campaign.

Is the campaign worth it? I'm not much into multi really - just doesn't float my boat. I'm thinking $40 is too much for the game right now for just campaign.

If you like blowing lots of well designed things up, yes. I still haven't gotten all the way to the end of the game but am enjoying replaying beaten levels a bunch, I'd say I definitely got $40 worth out and am not even done!

Even if you dont play the SP campaign there is tons of user created content in the snap maps section. Its pretty awesome imo and will only get better as people get more creative (i.e. the guy who made the Doom Moba)

Last edited:
cdkeys had this at that price right at launch, which was hard to beat at the time.

Anyone know what kind of video card you need to get decent quality and frame rates? I don't need the absolute best and I'm on a budget. Right now I have an i7 4790k and just using onboard video. I tend to play older games, primarily TF2, which is why I never bought a dedicated GPU. The most taxing game I play is Cities Skylines, and it becomes almost unplayable after awhile. So I'd like something that can handle both. Anything under $200 that will do the trick? I've been out of the market for so long that I don't know what's good anymore.

Worth every penny. I paid full price on day 1 and don't regret it. If you love single player shooters, you'll love this. It ain't perfect but it's easily worth $40.

Fuck me that's a stellar deal. But I'm holding out till it's Linux native. Beta and Alpha testing showed the engine running on Linux flawlessly. id just needs to get their heads out of their asses and fucking make it happen.

Till then, I'll be shooting other things.

But fuck me that's a deal.

Reactions: Zuul
like this
Anyone know what kind of video card you need to get decent quality and frame rates? I don't need the absolute best and I'm on a budget. Right now I have an i7 4790k and just using onboard video. I tend to play older games, primarily TF2, which is why I never bought a dedicated GPU. The most taxing game I play is Cities Skylines, and it becomes almost unplayable after awhile. So I'd like something that can handle both. Anything under $200 that will do the trick? I've been out of the market for so long that I don't know what's good anymore.
Look at a used GTX 970 or R9 290X. Good bang for your buck in any game. (AMD had some issues with DOOM at launch, but it did get fixed in their driver recently.).

ordered..I do like the actual copy as well

Is this verified? A lot of the one star reviews say that the physical disc is just a steam install and you still have to download the full game using the included key.

Is this verified? A lot of the one star reviews say that the physical disc is just a steam install and you still have to download the full game using the included key.
This is pretty much what physical copy means nowadays. Saves them from having to press the discs with the right version of the encrypted game files.

That's exactly what it is, some people just like the box. I used to care for display purposes but kow don't care much unless it's a series or steelbook case or something

This is pretty much what physical copy means nowadays. Saves them from having to press the discs with the right version of the encrypted game files.

That's exactly what it is, some people just like the box. I used to care for display purposes but kow don't care much unless it's a series or steelbook case or something

Yeah, fair enough. Just wanted clarification. I wasn't sure if that was universally understood. Honestly, in my logic, it totally defeats the purpose and isn't technically a physical copy. Not saying that my internet connection is a slouch but if you can eliminate the additional download time (especially in the event of reinstall due to data/backup loss, reformatting etc.) it just is nice to be able to get straight to the install and have the full game on the physical disc available if necessary. So if it's not on the actual disc, might as just go for the digital copy (which is the standard operating procedure) unless it's a game that I really want to keep around for replayability. However in this case, it's cheaper to buy the "physical" copy anyway. So it's definitely a good deal.

Either way, thanks for the confirmation.

Gray market where the keys are often stolen and developer doesn't get anything. Always a chance your steam account could be shut down. Google g2a and kinguin.
Do gray market include stolen keys? I thought it just implies keys from lower costing regions... because wouldn't stolen keys be a black market thing?

Tempting but I'll pass. I'll grab it when the digital version on steam hits $15-$25 or so. Physical copies of the steam installer, I have no interest in. The box might get displayed for a short time but that will just get tossed in the trash eventually so screw it.

Gray market where the keys are often stolen and developer doesn't get anything. Always a chance your steam account could be shut down. Google g2a and kinguin.

Do gray market include stolen keys? I thought it just implies keys from lower costing regions... because wouldn't stolen keys be a black market thing?

pothb that is exactly how they get them. mls1995 has no idea what he is talking about and is just scared and repeating what he has heard. Been doing it for years now without issue. Just make sure the key is for US or global and you are fine. If Russian or requires a VPN... forget it, unless you are from Russia.

I have only had an issue one with buying Arma 2 keys. They may have oversold. I contacted the site and they sent me a new key. This was without purchasing insurance but some sites require it for returns. The one potential downside is that someone can dispute that they own the key if they have a photo of the key on the box. In that case the key is transferred into their account. NEVER had this happen and I have never heard of this happening but it's possible. Regardless, if you have insurance you should be fine. Usually $1-2.

Have to try the free demo. I played Doom III for about 15 minutes before I got bored with it. Not going to repeat the mistake of buying without trying.

Have to try the free demo. I played Doom III for about 15 minutes before I got bored with it. Not going to repeat the mistake of buying without trying.
Doom 3 is the wrong game. Doom (2016)? SP is pretty good, not perfect. MP is a little meh. FYI you can try the full game out for 2hrs on Steam before requesting a refund. I've done this before. No issues.

pothb that is exactly how they get them. mls1995 has no idea what he is talking about and is just scared and repeating what he has heard. Been doing it for years now without issue. Just make sure the key is for US or global and you are fine. If Russian or requires a VPN... forget it, unless you are from Russia.

I have only had an issue one with buying Arma 2 keys. They may have oversold. I contacted the site and they sent me a new key. This was without purchasing insurance but some sites require it for returns. The one potential downside is that someone can dispute that they own the key if they have a photo of the key on the box. In that case the key is transferred into their account. NEVER had this happen and I have never heard of this happening but it's possible. Regardless, if you have insurance you should be fine. Usually $1-2.

The truth behind those mysteriously cheap gray market game codes

Doom 3 is the wrong game. Doom (2016)? SP is pretty good, not perfect. MP is a little meh. FYI you can try the full game out for 2hrs on Steam before requesting a refund. I've done this before. No issues.
I bought it boxed and I still get annoyed whenever I see the box.

The minimum AMD cpu requirement is an 8 core FX-8320? And here I thought things had gotten stagnant.

Go to Steam and download the demo. You can play the entire first level. It's a awesome game. Just click Download Demo next to the price.

Go to Steam and download the demo. You can play the entire first level. It's a awesome game. Just click Download Demo next to the price.

The single player is basically a good looking old school twitch shooter. Run and gun, that's really all there is to it and that's perfectly fine with me.

The single player is basically a good looking old school twitch shooter. Run and gun, that's really all there is to it and that's perfectly fine with me.

Agreed. At first I didn't like it honestly. I really loved Doom 3 and the pace of it but once I played the game more and I was running and jumping and shooting I really got into it. Reminded me of the old Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament days.

Got it for this price on release day from cdkeys as well... this game is pretty great sort of reminds me of Metroid for the Gamecube for some reason.

Look at a used GTX 970 or R9 290X. Good bang for your buck in any game. (AMD had some issues with DOOM at launch, but it did get fixed in their driver recently.).

I would think a 480 for $199 would make more sense.

Anyhow, the original deal gives you an actual physical copy of the game, something a lot of people still like to have.

I was under the impression that you still required a 48gb "update" even if you get a physical copy of the game?

Yes, definitely!

And yes, the update story is true, however, doing the purchase through steam, I only had to do 1 download of 44 gb, and no updates so far....and it downloaded in 2 hours. Damn I love FIOS.

Back