Doom Guy Is in Quake Champions

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
You’ll be able to play as “Doom Slayer” in Quake Champions when the game leaves closed beta and enters Early Access on Steam and the Bethesda.net launcher on Tuesday (August 22). His active ability, Beserk, lets him smash enemies into bloody piles of gibs with his bare hands, while his passive ability allows for double jumps.

"The Early Access version of Quake Champions is, obviously, a work-in-progress, but represents a solid and robust version of the game, with four modes, 11 Champions, a variety of maps, and a thriving community of fans," said Tim Willits, studio director at id Software. "Early Access will allow us to work closely with players to improve the game and add additional features before the official launch of Quake Champions in the coming months." The 11 current Champions include Ranger, Visor, Scalebearer, Nyx, Anarki, Clutch, Sorlag, Galena, Slash, BJ Blazkowicz from Wolfenstein and now Doom guy. Go Doom guy!

I'll be picking it up. I just happen to be at a point where I could actually put a little bit of time into a multiplayer game for once. I've been taking a bit of a hiatus from my main hobby / second job sorta thing, and will be for another month or two before I start back up. I've been filling the time with more time with my wife and kids, and playing some games that I've been waiting to play for some time. I could definitely squeeze in some Quake(ing) even in EA-form. I haven't tried the betas at all, but have a good feeling that I'll like it, so might as well.

makes me think of a old mod for quake 2 called quake 2 generations. later on quake 3 had that mod too

Back