Doom Eternal - lower fps than older version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello. First my pc
9700K stock
2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL
Aorus Z390 Pro Gaming
Seasonic Prime TX-750
Aorus 2080 Ti Waterforce Xtreme

I was comparing my fps with other user with similiar/same machine. During first cutscene after opening door to roof.

3:13 minute

I am having 120-135fps+-. He get 135-140fps.

But gameplay in youtube was in 20 march. My version is the newest updated.
IS possible that he have more fps because older version was better?

Its only in this location in cutscene. On rest parts of the game my fps are higher than him. So no worry?

Unless you are using the exact same build as the guy in the video, there is not way to say for sure.

If it was way off, maybe, but 5 fps is nothing. You can get that kind of variance even on the same machine.

Using 1440P and ultra nightmare details. Also i found other reviews in youtube and i have lower 10+- fps only in this cutscene. But i have found somebody at least 1 person with same pc like me and we get perfectly the same fps.

My bad...I was thinking of a different game. Looks like it is OpenGL or Vulkan only according to Steam forums?
Doom 2016 was originally OpenGL and they released a Vulkan patch soon after.

Doom Eternal was Vulkan only from the start.

Using 1440P and ultra nightmare details. Also i found other reviews in youtube and i have lower 10+- fps only in this cutscene. But i have found somebody at least 1 person with same pc like me and we get perfectly the same fps.
You can't compare your system to online benchmarks and expect the exact same results.

Everything can factor in, the whole system: motherboard, ram speed and timing, HDD vs. SSD (and the SSD speed), software and services running in the background, any sort of tweaks or overclocks. You'll almost never get the same results.

And the game version can make a difference. I've heard reports that the DRM they used on Doom Eternal (Denuvo, which was later removed) caused a slight performance loss. So it would matter which version the benchmark was using (and possibly the person had a cracked copy).

So many variables to account for, even if you both have similar systems.

So no worries about that difference only in this cutscene? On whole gameplay i have higher fps.

ps:I have found somebody with 2080 ti and 9900K and he get the same fps like me,here. Weird.

7:20 second. 120+- fps. Like me.

I think its game related.

Ok anyway no issues. REsolved and thanks for replies. I am closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back