DOOM Demons, Power Weapons & Power-Ups Trailer

HardOCP News

[H] News
Bethesda and id Software have put out a new DOOM trailer today that highlights playable demons, the new weapons as well as the new power-ups. Being able to play as demons has piqued my interest. What do you guys think?

Bethesda and id Software have put out a new DOOM trailer today that highlights playable demons, the new weapons as well as the new power-ups. Being able to play as demons has piqued my interest. What do you guys think?
While graphic's have improved, it still reminds me of Q3 .

Honestly not really impressed at all.

I think it looks good. The MP doesn't quite remind me of Doom MP, but it looks like it will be fun. Besides, Q3A was the pinnacle of arena shooting IMO. Mixing Q3 style MP with Doom style SP would be perfect. Still don't understand people saying the visuals aren't where they should be. It looks incredibly good to me. Oh well, I'll be picking it up day one and enjoying the hell out of it.

I'm looking forward to the new game and being able to play as a demon. Just hope the game doesn't turn out to be a turd.

I don't really have any problem with it having a Q3 style feel. I actually consider that a good thing. I'm sick of games which try to be some kind of wannabe war simulator, where the guns and gun accessories that you have access to is primarily dictated by how much DLC you got conned into buying.

having played the alpha, didn't find the demon part to be all that much of a WOW factor.

Looks like a quackeified doom to me. I'll play it. as long as the PC version is not a ported console crap version.

Well, if you think about it, Quake always (IMO and most I know anyway) had better MP, and Doom typically had better SP. So... Since the new Doom game has both SP and MP, why not take the best from each? The MP actually looks more like a Doomified Q3A to me than a Quakified Doom. Might be a silly distinction, but it makes more sense to me based on what I'm seeing. I'm quite excited to get my hands on this.

quad damage in doom?

I'd be way more impressed if they got their fucking story straight. If they wanted to make quake, why don't they just call it quake?

Too many neon bright colors to be "doom" in my mind. Looks like a shitty retarded one night stand baby between Halo and Quake with a few Doom characters thrown in "just cause". I might have been tempted to pay 40 for the game, but we are into $20 territory right now.

With the insane focus they are putting on showing us multiplayer, I am very worried that the single player is going to be some horrible thing tacked on just to say they have single player just like the CoD type games before they went basically MMO. If that is the case, I will be done with Doom forever. I hate MMO games.

With the insane focus they are putting on showing us multiplayer, I am very worried that the single player is going to be some horrible thing tacked on just to say they have single player just like the CoD type games before they went basically MMO. If that is the case, I will be done with Doom forever. I hate MMO games.

Agreed.

Story probably goes like this,

Agreed.

Story probably goes like this,

Don't make me cry. Too many games have been ruined. Franchises that go MMO are due to lazy developers who simply have no interest in putting together a meaningful plot when they can slap a bunch of multiplayer maps fit for the ADD or ADHD generation and charge $60 for it. Then they can spam you with all manner of in game micro transactions.

Wow, tons of hate, and the game isn't even out yet. Lame.

Oh well, I'll buy a few copies for my friends, family and myself, and enjoy the hell out of it. I seriously doubt it will disappoint me. It would take one hell of a fuckup for this not to be fun. I mean hey, if hating it makes you feel good, go for it. Until the released product is in our hands though, I think it's a bit premature. It's also an id game. I've said this a million times. (back when Doom 3, Q4, and Rage came out especially) If you're expecting something other than an id game from id, then I don't know what to tell you. From id I expect visceral shooting, not terribly in-depth or meaningful stories, nice looking visuals, and smooth play. I've yet to be disappointed.

Back