DOOM Deathmatch, Private Matches & Arcade Mode Livestream

HardOCP News

[H] News
Mark your calendars, the folks at id Software will be livestreaming a first-look at new features for DOOM on September 13th. The upcoming patch will add new content for deathmatch, private matches and arcade mode.

Deathmatch, Private Matches and Arcade Mode are coming to DOOM, and we’re ready to give you a first-look! Tune in for live gameplay of these three upcoming features on September 13 at 11am PT, hosted by Xbox and featuring id Software’s Marty Stratton and Hugo Martin. But ahead of the stream, check out the worldwide debut of some gloriously chaotic Deathmatch.

Hopefully those new features include some effective anti-cheating measures. I've played enough to level up to something like 25-VII and I'd estimate every third match has someone using wallhacks (and not the legit in-game hack modules), aimbots, or some other program running that makes their weapon do twice normal damage. Still love the game, though.

It's pretty sweet they keep adding to the game. But I'm not buying it till I can play it on Linux without breaking the DRM. The engine already is known to run flawlessly on Linux, they literally need to just breathe on the code to make it work on Linux.

No tux, no bux.

Fuck. Bought it months ago, though I need a new GPU. Fuck nVidia's pricing

It's pretty sweet they keep adding to the game. But I'm not buying it till I can play it on Linux without breaking the DRM. The engine already is known to run flawlessly on Linux, they literally need to just breathe on the code to make it work on Linux.

No tux, no bux.

I wouldn't count on it. They REMOVED the perfectly good Quake Live Linux support.

Nice! Private matches was all I was really waiting for to get into the MP more.

No tux, no bux.
This.

Back