Doom And Doom 2 Have Received A Huge Free Update On PC And Consoles

you are all playing the wrong doom engine game... Heretic is where it is at. Doom done better in every way (not saying DOom 1/2 are crap though)
Those games were fun. they helped inspire lots of gibs and other cool gameplay features. I remember seeing Hexen II and hoping they'd do more. Didn't realize Heretic II later came out and that studio is basically now just assisting with COD... Raven you can make a comeback, a fun brutal fantasy FPS using current Doom engine would be a beautiful thinh... make Hecatomb or whatever it was gonna be called (3rd game after the original Hexen/Heritic)

Hmm...

1993/12/10 = MS-DOS (initial release)
1994/11/21 = Sega 32X
1994/11/28 = Jaguar
1995/09/01 = Super NES
1995/11/16 = PlayStation
1996/04/26 = Panasonic 3DO
1997/03/26 = Saturn
2001/11/05 = Gameboy Advance
2004/08/03 = Xbox
2006/09/27 = Xbox 360
2012/10/18 = PlayStation 3
2019/07/26 = Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Switch

Seems like console Doom is about as old as the game itself.
I own Doom for 32X and that only had the shareware version and nothing else. I've played the SNES version and... don't. SNES port isn't the worst Doom port, but it isn't good. Doom on Jaguar doesn't even have music. Doom on the Playstation was the only fully working playable Doom.

Also, nothing aimed towards Armenius, but who gives a shit about Bethesda's Doom? Download GZDoom and Brutal Doom mods and extract the wads from your floppy disk or CD and play the best version of Doom. This update is meant for consoles, as the PC version has long been superior forever. I've even gotten Brutal Doom running on a Nintendo Switch, which is still superior to the Bethesda version.

Hmm...

1993/12/10 = MS-DOS (initial release)
1994/11/21 = Sega 32X
1994/11/28 = Jaguar
1995/09/01 = Super NES
1995/11/16 = PlayStation
1996/04/26 = Panasonic 3DO
1997/03/26 = Saturn
2001/11/05 = Gameboy Advance
2004/08/03 = Xbox
2006/09/27 = Xbox 360
2012/10/18 = PlayStation 3
2019/07/26 = Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Switch

Seems like console Doom is about as old as the game itself.

It was on iOS at one point. Our iPad 2 still has it on it, but I can't download it to any of our other handful of iPads. I imagine if that iPad ever needs to be reflashed, the game would be lost to oblivion.

EDIT: I just looked it up on the App Store to verify my claim and it is back in the app store and this update is also part of it now.

I own Doom for 32X and that only had the shareware version and nothing else. I've played the SNES version and... don't. SNES port isn't the worst Doom port, but it isn't good. Doom on Jaguar doesn't even have music. Doom on the Playstation was the only fully working playable Doom.

Also, nothing aimed towards Armenius, but who gives a shit about Bethesda's Doom? Download GZDoom and Brutal Doom mods and extract the wads from your floppy disk or CD and play the best version of Doom. This update is meant for consoles, as the PC version has long been superior forever. I've even gotten Brutal Doom running on a Nintendo Switch, which is still superior to the Bethesda version.

The Bethesda store version isn't made for us, obviously, unless you just want to collect every version of the game out there. To everyone else I would recommend buying the original games on Steam for the unmolested and uncensored WADs if you don't have an original copy and using your source port of choice. Even the "original" versions of Doom on Bethesda.net are using the censored versions from Doom 3 BFG Edition. GZDoom is great for modern quality of life and Chocolate Doom for the original experience.
It was on iOS at one point. Our iPad 2 still has it on it, but I can't download it to any of our other handful of iPads. I imagine if that iPad ever needs to be reflashed, the game would be lost to oblivion.

EDIT: I just looked it up on the App Store to verify my claim and it is back in the app store and this update is also part of it now.
Well, we were talking about console versions, and I don't consider mobile phones a console.

Back